Three crore children to get polio drops todayFebruary 1st, 2009 - 12:20 pm ICT by ANI
Lucknow, Feb 1 (ANI): More than three crore children below the age of five will be given polio drops today, at the polio booths set up in 71 districts of Uttar Pradesh under the National Pulse Polio Immunisation Drive.
According to the Global Polio Eradication Initiative, India has recorded 196 polio cases till April 22, 2008.
In comparison, three other countries where polio is still endemic - Nigeria, Pakistan and Afghanistan- have together recorded 123 cases.
The government polio eradication programme has been focusing on eradicating the P1 strain while keeping P3 under check.
P1 is the most dangerous poliovirus as it can travel long distances. (ANI)
- In Uttar Pradesh bylanes, children help fight polio - Feb 03, 2011
- How battle against polio was won in Uttar Pradesh - Jan 24, 2011
- WHO finds polio virus in Delhi sewage - Feb 15, 2011
- Muslim clerics join hands for polio eradication in Uttar Pradesh - Jan 28, 2011
- Community mobilisers inch closer towards making India polio-free - Jan 31, 2011
- India to support global polio eradication: Azad - Feb 26, 2012
- Indian firm joins Nigeria's polio battle (With Images) - Feb 23, 2012
- Bihar reported no polio case in last one year - Sep 12, 2011
- Bivalent polio vaccine to be administered in Delhi - Feb 05, 2010
- Families refuse polio drops in Bihar - Sep 21, 2011
- WHO takes India off polio endemic list (Lead) - Feb 26, 2012
- Bivalent polio vaccine launched in Delhi, Uttar Pradesh - Feb 07, 2010
- Faltering on polio, Pakistan looks at India lesson - Mar 02, 2012
- Pakistani daily lauds India for no polio cases in 2011 - Jan 14, 2012
- Bihar set to win battle against polio - Jul 29, 2010