Three army men found guilty of killing civilians in KashmirMarch 20th, 2009 - 5:10 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, March 20 (IANS) An army enquiry has found one junior commissioned officer (JCO) and two soldiers guilty of having killed civilians in Baramulla district of Jammu and Kashmir earlier this year, official sources said here Friday.
Two civilians were killed in a shootout by soldiers of the counter-insurgency Rashtriya Rifles on Feb 21 at Bumai village near Sopore town.
The killings sparked widespread violent protests in the Kashmir Valley following which the government ordered a magisterial probe into the incident.
- Civilian killings: Abdullah ensures 'exemplary punishment' to guilty - Mar 04, 2009
- Foreign guerrilla killed in Kashmir gunfight - Mar 28, 2011
- Abdullah meets Antony over civilian killings in Kashmir - Mar 17, 2009
- Army men found guilty of killing civilians in Kashmir (Lead) - Mar 20, 2009
- Two civilians killed in Kashmir firing, probe ordered (Lead) - Feb 22, 2009
- Youth's killing triggers tensions in north Kashmir - Feb 11, 2012
- Kashmir tense over civilian killings - Feb 23, 2009
- Militants fire grenades at Kashmir security camp - Feb 17, 2011
- Two militants killed in Kashmir gunfight (Lead) - Jun 25, 2010
- Antony seeks report on Kashmir fake shootout killing - Aug 09, 2011
- Rashtriya Rifles captain killed in Kashmir gunfight - Feb 23, 2010
- Guerrilla arrested with Pakistani wife in Valley - Dec 13, 2011
- Army captain, four militants killed in Kashmir battle (Roundup) - Mar 04, 2010
- The harsh realities of counter-insurgency operations - May 28, 2011
- Two guerrillas killed in gunfight in Kashmir - Mar 12, 2011