Three ‘anti-national’ cops held in KashmirJune 16th, 2012 - 11:09 pm ICT by IANS
Srinagar, June 16 (IANS) Three policemen were arrested in Jammu and Kashmir for their involvement in “anti-national activities”, police said Saturday.
A police spokesman, in a statement issued here, said that during the course of investigation in a case of police station Shergari under the Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act and the Police Enhanced Penalties Ordinance, it surfaced that a police constable was also involved and was in touch with anti-national elements.
“Further investigation revealed that two more constables of the Jammu and Kashmir Police are also involved in such activities. These three constables have been taken into custody and their conduct is being scrutinized.”
The spokesman did not disclose the identity of the arrested constables.
“The investigation is on,” a police officer told IANS. He said at least two more constables will be questioned in this connection in the next two days.
- Does Kashmir's 'residual militancy' still have fangs in uniform? (News Analysis) - Jun 19, 2012
- Two cops arrested in Sopore custodial death case - Aug 07, 2011
- J-K police file 3 FIRs against Mirwaiz Farooq for instigating violence - Sep 12, 2010
- Guerrilla module busted in Srinagar - Aug 22, 2012
- Trial of Geelani's aide begins - Apr 17, 2012
- 'Central agencies not given access to arrested Kashmir cops' - Jun 19, 2012
- Kashmir custodial death: Another cop held - Aug 10, 2011
- Four to stand trial for funding Kashmir terror (Lead) - Mar 03, 2012
- Gurrillas shoot dead two policemen in Kashmir (Second Lead) - Jul 03, 2012
- Seven injured in Kashmir grenade attack - Aug 08, 2012
- Suspected custody death: Four cops suspended - Nov 04, 2011
- Kashmir rights panel slams staged shootouts - Jul 19, 2012
- Ibobi supports NCTC, stresses human rights angle - May 05, 2012
- Two policemen killed by guerrillas in Srinagar - Apr 26, 2011
- March was to defy anti-India elements: Gadkari - Jan 26, 2011