Three accused found guilty in Kandahar hijacking caseFebruary 5th, 2008 - 2:41 pm ICT by admin
Patiala, Feb 5 (ANI): A special court here today found the three accused — Abdul Latif, Dalip Kumar and Yusuf Nepali — guilty in connection with the Indian Airlines plane IC-814 hijacking case.
The court will pronounce the quantum of punishment later.
The three were arrested on charges of conspiracy to hijack the Indian Airlines flight from Kathmandu to New Delhi on December 24, 1999.
They have been charged for helping the hijackers in procuring fake passports and to take weapons onboard. They have been lodged in the Patiala jail since 1999.
Over 120 witnesses have been examined in the case.
The week-long hijack drama ended with the release of three dreaded terrorists, including Jaish-e-Mohammed (JEM) chief Maulana Masood Azhar, Ahmed Zargar and Sheikh Ahmed Omar Sayeed in exchange for 189 people on board the Indian Airlines flight.
The hijackers killed Rupen Katyal, 25, and had stabbed Satnam Singh several times but he survived. (ANI)
- India toughens anti-hijack policy, but remains vulnerable (12 years after IC-814 hijack) - Dec 23, 2011
- Conspirator of Kandahar hijacking may have been arrested - Apr 11, 2011
- Masood Azhar back in business, says Pakistani paper - Sep 07, 2011
- Pak national nabbed in Chile not IC-814 hijacking accused: Pakistan - Apr 14, 2011
- Patiala court to give verdict in Kandahar hijacking case - Feb 05, 2008
- Patiala court defers verdict in Kandahar hijacking case - Jan 29, 2008
- Patiala court gives life imprisonment to IC-814 hijacking convicts - Feb 05, 2008
- India hands over 28 Pakistani prisoners - Aug 18, 2010
- Arrested Jaish militant admits he helped IC814 hijackers enter India through Bangladesh - Mar 06, 2010
- Trying to verify identity of Pakistani held in Chile: Krishna - Apr 13, 2011
- Kandahar hijack planners came to India via Bangladesh: Jaish militant - Mar 06, 2010
- A decade after IC 814 hijack, India is more prepared - Dec 24, 2009
- JeM coordinator for India, Bangladesh nabbed in Dhaka (Lead) - Feb 28, 2010
- Naxal release of kidnapped cop similar to Kandahar, Rubaiya episodes: W.Bengal Home Secretary - Oct 24, 2009
- Delhi cops to quiz Kandahar hijacker on other terror attacks - Mar 03, 2010
Tags: conspiracy, fake passports, hijackers, indian airlines flight, indian airlines plane, jaish, jem, kandahar, kathmandu, katyal, maulana masood azhar, mohammed, nepali, New Delhi, quantum, sayeed, several times, sheikh ahmed, terrorists, weapons