Thousands protest in Kashmir against killing of a teacherNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:35 am ICT by admin
The incident allegedly took place when the deceased was passing through the Rawatpora forest.
After the bullet-ridden body was recovered, thousands of protestors came out on to the streets shouting slogans against army personnel.
They also pelted stones at the army personnel.
“We want accountability from the army. The guilty must be punished according to the provisions of law”, said Ghulam Mohamd Mir, father of the victim.
The protestors torched an army vehicle as well as a vehicle belonging to the executive magistrate in Rawatpora village in Kupwara district.
Meanwhile, the Army has initiated an investigation in to the matter.
Mohd. Tariq, an army personnel has been detained.
Police is also conducting an independent trial into the matter. (ANI)
- Mob attacks, torches police station in Bihar - Oct 15, 2011
- Separatist shutdown hits life across Kashmir - Aug 03, 2011
- 8 injured as stone pelting protestors defy curfew in Kashmir (update) - Oct 27, 2010
- Violent clashes in Indian-administered Kashmir after youth dies in custody - Aug 01, 2011
- Five more protestors die during clashes with police in Kashmir - Aug 02, 2010
- 8 killed in Kashmir, 6 in police firing, as Omar seeks help - Aug 03, 2010
- Uneasy calm in Haryana's Hisar district - Mar 08, 2012
- Stray incident apart, Eid prayers offered peacefully in Kashmir - Aug 20, 2012
- Twenty injured in Kashmir road accident - Feb 27, 2012
- Mosque case: Petitioner seeks action against lawmaker - Jul 23, 2012
- Delhi Police files charge sheet against 11 IM suspects - May 23, 2012
- Sopore firing: Omar Abdullh holds high-level meeting - Jun 26, 2010
- Two army vehicles torched in Kashmir - Apr 25, 2010
- Workers turn violent at Gurgaon export unit - Mar 19, 2012
- Antony orders probe into Kashmir youth's killing - Jul 26, 2012
Tags: abdul rashid, accompanying, allegedly, army personnel, army vehicle, belonging, deceased, detained, ghulam, harassment, kashmir, magistrate, protestors, recovered thousands, ridden body, slogans, tariq