Thorough screening at Indo-Pak border to check swine flu virusJune 9th, 2009 - 9:04 pm ICT by ANI
Attari (Punjab), June 9 (ANI): A team of specialists and physicians have been assigned by the government at Attari border railway station to screen and conduct health check-up of the passengers arriving from Pakistan.
“From Monday to Thursday the train arrives from Pakistan. We conduct proper medical check ups of the passengers especially the ones who come from the other side of the border. But till now we haven’t come across any case of Swine flu,” said Dr. Rakesh Kumar.
The decision was taken following several cases of swine flu (H1N1 virus) across the country.
Pakistani nationals who arrived by train appreciated this preventive measure taken by the Indian government.
“I have come to visit India from Pakistan. As soon as we reached Attari, my family and I had to undergo thorough medical check up conducted by the Indian Government and no virus was detected. I am thankful to the Indian government because such check ups and careful screening would help in avoiding the swine flu cases in future,” said Mohammad Haroon, a Pakistan national. (ANI)
- Punjab starts swine flu screening at Attari, Amritsar airport - Aug 13, 2009
- Tourists entering India via Nepal border undergo screening for swine flu - Aug 22, 2009
- US-returned businessman is Mumbai's first swine flu case - Jun 20, 2009
- New India-Pakistan checkpost to boost trade, travel - Apr 08, 2012
- No swine flu case in India, flu medicine stocks being beefed (Second Lead) - Apr 30, 2009
- Delhi prepared for swine flu - Apr 10, 2012
- Uttarakhand to train yoga gurus to tackle swine flu - Dec 14, 2009
- Life in time of swine flu - India gets back to work - Oct 12, 2009
- Free health screening for school children Nov 14 - Oct 28, 2011
- Monsoon, winters could see more swine flu cases, warn experts - Aug 04, 2009
- Swine flu returns to Andhra, two fresh cases in Hyderabad - Jun 19, 2010
- Swine Flu cases in Maharastra, Andhra Pradesh - Aug 05, 2010
- India, Pakistani troopers exchange sweets on Eid - Nov 07, 2011
- Indian newsprint could help Pakistani dailies become cheaper - May 03, 2012
- Swine flu check on air passengers reaching Delhi - May 01, 2009
Tags: careful screening, check ups, flu, flu cases, flu virus, haroon, indian government, indo, medical check, mohammad, pak border, pakistan, pakistani nationals, physicians, preventive measure, punjab, railway station, rakesh, swine flu, ups