The ten things you never knew about Prince CharlesNovember 16th, 2008 - 6:30 pm ICT by ANI
London, Nov 16 (ANI): He might be a public figure, yet there are many things about Prince Charles that are still unknown.
Now, Times Online has provided a list of not very well known facts about the 60-year-old royal.
The 10 things you didnt know about Prince Charles are:
1. When he was born, the fountains in Trafalgar Square ran blue for a boy.
2. It was the first royal birth since the 17th century that wasnt witnessed by a government minister.
3. Charles was christened using water from the River Jordan, a royal tradition thought to stretch back to the Crusades.
4. A video on YouTube claims to offer proof that Prince Charles is the Antichrist.
5. He is the only member of the royal family to have appeared nude in a magazine. Paris Match once printed a picture of him standing naked at the window of a French chateau.
6. He was voted one of the 11 best-dressed men in Europe - at the age of five
7. During a trip to Fiji as a young man, he was entertained by topless women who performed a fertility dance for him.
8. While he was studying at Cambridge, a detective was assigned to look after the princes laundry in case a student prankster was tempted to steal the royal underpants.
9. On a visit to Manchester in 1983, somebody threw a custard pie in the princes face, having first asked permission.
10. He was caught drinking underage at 14 when he ordered a cherry brandy at the Crown hotel in Stornaway. He didnt realize a freelance reporter was in the same bar. (ANI)
Tags: best dressed men, charles london, cherry brandy, crown hotel, crusades, custard pie, fertility dance, freelance reporter, french chateau, government minister, prankster, prince charles, princes laundry, river jordan, royal birth, royal tradition, stornaway, topless women, trafalgar square, underpants