The Queen features as Google doodleOctober 16th, 2008 - 5:13 pm ICT by ANI
London, October 16 (ANI): The Queens image has featured on the homepage logo of Internet search engine Google to mark her visit to the organisations London office.
The Google doodle has added the feature to its existing collection of logos, which are changed periodically to mark national holidays or anniversaries of major events.
The exclusive logo fits in a profile of Her Majesty and a crown, reports the Independent.
Other examples of Google doodle can be seen in its recent logo changes representing the Olympic Games in Beijing, or birthday celebrations of the 17th century Spanish painter Diego Velazquez on June 6 etc.
However, during the monarchs Google visit, her royal party would be shown demonstrations explaining the search engines various operations, including the Google Earth, where surfers can view detailed maps and satellite images of the planet.
The Queen herself has welcomed technological changes in the past, the latest example of which was displayed last Christmas when she launched the first Royal Channel on the much-popular video sharing site YouTube. (ANI)
- Turkey Recipe Featured In Latest Google Doodle - Nov 24, 2010
- Google's New Doodle Consists Of 17 Images - Dec 24, 2010
- Robert Louis Stevenson Remembered By Google Doodle - Nov 13, 2010
- Google Celebrates John Lennon's 70th birthday with their first video doodle - Oct 09, 2010
- Google Celebrates 30th Anniversary Of Pac Man - May 22, 2010
- Google Doodle Celebrates Jules Verne's 183rd Birthday - Feb 08, 2011
- Google Logo Turns Out To Be Resource Hog! - Sep 08, 2010
- Google Doodle Honors Civil Rights Activist Rosa Parks' Bus Ride - Dec 03, 2010
- Log on to www.officialroyalwedding2011.org to get royal wedding details - Mar 03, 2011
- Google Creates Buzz With Balls In Logo - Sep 07, 2010
- The Queen a massive internet star - Feb 21, 2010
- Google gets royal seal of approval - for a day - Oct 17, 2008
- Google to close down Google Buzz - Oct 15, 2011
- Users Baffled By Google's Ballsy Doodle - Sep 07, 2010
- Class 4 Gurgaon student's doodle to feature on Google - Nov 12, 2009
Tags: 17th century, anniversaries, birthday celebrations, detailed maps, diego velazquez, google, google doodle, google earth, homepage logo, internet search engine, last christmas, london office, monarchs, national holidays, olympic games, painter diego, satellite images, search engines, spanish painter, technological changes