The name is Bond, shaken not stirred excluded from Quantum of SolaceSeptember 22nd, 2008 - 2:39 pm ICT by ANI
London, Sept 22 (ANI): Dont expect James Bond to introduce himself with his famous one-liner The name is Bond, James Bond in the new flick, for its makers have dropped all of the super spy’’s catchphrases.
The producers of Quantum of Solace have removed the super spys staple lines, fearing they may be too old-fashioned for a modern Bond.
The legendary character has often thrilled his fans with the immortal line, “The name is Bond, James Bond”, and ordered his martinis “shaken, not stirred”.
“There was a ”Bond, James Bond” in the script,” the Independent quoted director Marc Forster, as saying.
“There are several places where we shot it as well, but it never worked as we hoped. I just felt we should cut it out, and Barbara Broccoli and Michael Wilson (the film’’s producers) agreed, and Daniel (Craig, who plays Bond) agreed, too.
It’’s nice to be open-minded about the Bond formula. You can always go back to them later on,” he added.
The fans would also miss James Bonds unfeasible gadgets on which he could always rely while dealing with difficult situations.
The scientist who created them in the basement of the MI6 building, Q, played in the past by Desmond Llewellyn and John Cleese, have also been eliminated, along with Miss Moneypenny and her flirtatious banter. (ANI)
- Ben Whishaw to play Q in next Bond film - Jul 14, 2012
- Jaws voted Best Ever James Bond Character - Mar 24, 2009
- Oct 5 to be celebrated as Global James Bond Day (With Image) - Aug 30, 2012
- Bond Movie Cancelled - Jul 07, 2010
- What makes the Ultimate Horror Movie? - Oct 29, 2010
- Simon Cowell dresses as James Bond for a birthday party - Feb 14, 2011
- Sir Tom Jones was once tipped to play James Bond - Oct 04, 2010
- Daniel Craig ready for return of Miss Moneypenny - Nov 05, 2008
- Anarkali, shaken not stirred - cocktail wisdom (With Image) (IANS Books) - May 20, 2011
- No 'catch phrases' in new Bond film - Sep 22, 2008
- New 'James Bond' movie named 'Skyfall' - Nov 03, 2011
- Clint Eastwood's 'Go ahead, make my day' voted most iconic one-liner - Aug 23, 2010
- John Le Carre is no fan of "international gangster" James Bond - Aug 24, 2010
- Production of 'James Bond' movie suspended 'indefinitely' - Apr 21, 2010
- Delhi talks sex, love at spring fever festival - Mar 06, 2011
Tags: banter, barbara broccoli, bond james bond, daniel craig, desmond llewellyn, difficult situations, flick, immortal line, james bonds, john cleese, legendary character, marc forster, martinis, michael wilson, miss moneypenny, producers, quantum, scientist, solace, staple lines