The Ice Man who loves to endure extreme cold temperatures for fun!December 9th, 2008 - 2:29 pm ICT by ANI
London, December 9 (ANI): A Dutch man, whose nine world records include a world record for longest ice bath, has revealed that he loves to endure extreme cold temperatures for fun.
Wim Hof, nicknamed The Ice Man had in 1999 crossed 100 miles north of the Arctic Circle in an ice marathon barefoot.
The 48-year-old had set a Guinness World Record for the longest amount of time swimming under the ice in 2002 after he pierced into ice at the North Pole swimming 80meters.
Hof, who has been honing his skills to survive life-threatening temperatures for the last 20 years, revealed that he had discovered his extraordinary talent after having taken a stroll in the park.
I had a stroll like this in the park with somebody and I saw the ice and I thought, what would happen if I go in there, the Sun quoted him as saying.
I was really attracted to it. I went in, got rid of my clothes. Thirty seconds I was in and a tremendous good feeling when I came out and since then, I repeated it every day, he added.
The record-holder has now set his eyes on beating his own world record by submerging himself in a Plexiglas container filled with ice at temperatures as low as -20 degrees for more than an hour and 45 minutes. (ANI)
- Assam constable runs 156 km barefoot - Jan 31, 2012
- Assam cop is longest barefoot runner in world - Apr 17, 2012
- Cuban man sets fifth Guinness record - Nov 21, 2011
- Tamil Nadu girl sketches 306-meter-long drawing - May 08, 2010
- Its snowing in Mumbai-Pune! - Jul 15, 2012
- Around 300 runners take part in Mumbai barefoot half marathon - Dec 12, 2010
- Oz radio hosts set new record for Longest Underwater Broadcast - Oct 28, 2010
- New Zealand mayor sets longest interview record - Apr 30, 2012
- Three Britons travel round the world in taxi! - May 12, 2012
- At 9.7 cm, this woman has world's longest tongue - Nov 02, 2011
- Arctic sea ice hits second-lowest level - Oct 05, 2011
- Mexican sets new world record for fastest barefoot water skiing - Mar 09, 2011
- NASA: Arctic's thickest ice diminishing faster than thin ice - Mar 01, 2012
- Arctic Ocean water is 'warmest it's been for more than 2,000 years' - Feb 01, 2011
- 1,141 people remove shoes to set world record - Sep 06, 2010