The Dark Knight hits $300m mark just 10 days after releaseAugust 6th, 2008 - 3:35 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Aug 6 (ANI): Heath Ledger starrer The Dark Knight has hit the 300-million dollars mark just 10 days after its release.
The Batman adventure can now claim title to 400 million dollars at the box office in only 18 days the fastest pace ever, Warner Bros. announced on Aug 5.
Jeff Goldstein, general sales manager for the film company, said the movie, starring Christian Bale and the late Heath Ledger, sliced in half the amount of time it took the previous record to hit 400 million dollars.
The Dark Knight also holds the distinction of being the top-grossing comic-book adaptation in history.
In terms of overall performance, the film already ranks No. 8 among all-time box-office hits.
The Dark Knight is a follow-up to 2005′’s Batman Returns.
Both films were directed by Christopher Nolan and star actor Christian Bale as the Caped Crusader.
Interest in the sequel has been stoked by Heath Ledger’’s edgy turn as the villainous Joker, in what turned out to be the Australian actor’’s last completed role before he died of an accidental overdose of prescription pills in January. (ANI)
- Sequel of 'The Dark Night' to Hit Screens in 2012 - May 03, 2010
- 'Dark Knight Rises' Make Batman Fans Expectant - Jan 20, 2011
- 'The Dark Knight' sequel to hit screens in 2012 - May 02, 2010
- No Joker In "Batman 3"? - Jul 17, 2010
- Anne Hathaway From Tiara To Catsuit In 'The Dark Knight Rises' - Jan 20, 2011
- When Joker made Batman cry - Jun 06, 2012
- Batman 3 movie title revealed - Oct 28, 2010
- No replacement for Heath Ledger's Joker role in Batman - Jun 07, 2010
- Nolan announces 'Batman 3' title - Oct 28, 2010
- 'The Dark Knight Rises' Not The Last Batman Movie For Christian Bale? - Jan 23, 2011
- No replacement of Ledger in 'The Dark Knight' sequel - Jun 08, 2010
- Unseen footage of Heath Ledger to be used in next Batman movie? - Dec 02, 2010
- No Heath Ledger In Dark Knight Rises - Dec 05, 2010
- Anne Hathaway to play Catwoman in 'Dark Knight Rises' - Jan 20, 2011
- Actor Tom Hardy To Be In Third Batman Movie - Oct 14, 2010
Tags: accidental overdose, amount of time, australian actor, batman returns, caped crusader, christian bale, christopher nolan, comic book adaptation, dark knight, distinction, film company, heath ledger, jeff goldstein, joker, million dollars, prescription pills, sequel, star actor, time box office, warner bros