The beauty secrets of Hollywood celebs revealedSeptember 16th, 2008 - 5:17 pm ICT by ANI
Melbourne, Sept 16 (ANI): Want to know how Hollywood actresses manage to look glossy and shimmering all the time? Well, here are some of the stars beauty secrets, which can help you achieve the same magical effect.
Supermodel Iman uses a bronzer year-round. She suggests that bronzing powder can be used for all-over colour or just to highlight cheekbones.
She also advises to use eye shadow to warm up the face and highlight eyes. Blending colours like purples and pinks with the popular colours in fashion would give an aesthetic look.
In The Black Book of Hollywood Beauty Secrets by Kym Douglas and Cindy Pearlman, Queen Latifah revealed that she likes to give her face “a break” and not wear any makeup during certain times of the day. She also divulged a tip given by her grandmother.
“My grandmother turned me on to baking soda as an exfoliant … It’’s very gentle and works as well as any of the expensive products,” the Daily Telegraph quoted Latifah, as saying.
Actress Brooke Shields prefers mixing bronzing lotion with body lotion and a self-tanner that would help achieve bronzed, even skin tone without applying foundation to the face.
If you feel a little “shiny,” Sex and the City star Sarah Jessica Parker suggests that dabbing a tissue over the T-zone (chin, nose and forehead), would absorb oil.
In The Black Book, singer Jessica Simpson revealed the secret behind her attractive eyes.
“I swipe a nude pencil along my inner eyes to brighten my eyes before I get off the plane,” she said. Concealer in the inner corners of your eye would brighten the whole area and minimise darkness.
Latino pop star Jennifer Lopez’’s aesthetician, Christopher Watt, told SheKnows.com that sunscreen is vital every day because “sun exposure is accumulative.” Also some honey in the skin-care routine can help in keeping the skin glowing.
“Honey is loaded with natural vitamins and nutrients and also contains antioxidants, making it an important part of any anti-aging program for staving off lines and wrinkles, he said.
Catherine Zeta-Jones brushes her teeth with mashed-up strawberries mixed with baking soda, according to ModelBeautyTip.com. Strawberries contain malic acid, which is a mild astringent. She also keeps her hair shiny by brushing castor oil in it. (ANI)
- Julia Roberts' love for baking soda - Aug 18, 2012
- Paris Hilton to soon launch her own skin care collection - Apr 25, 2011
- Celebrate Holi, but with care - Mar 18, 2011
- Stinking of rotten fish, woman took 10 showers a day - Apr 17, 2012
- Fergie got best beauty tips from mom - May 15, 2012
- Alba's simple beauty routine - Jul 01, 2011
- Bridal makeup: Less is more - Nov 13, 2011
- Lopez really beautiful, say Fonda - May 21, 2012
- Skincare products okay to use during Ramadan - Aug 13, 2011
- Salma Hayek to launch her own beauty line - Mar 03, 2011
- I don't believe in crash diets: Zarine Khan - Sep 29, 2011
- Salma Hayek launching skin care line - Mar 02, 2011
- Strawberry extract protects skin against UV rays - Aug 05, 2012
- Beauty potions, creams of 15th-century recreated - Mar 19, 2011
- Cox gives advice to deal with dry skin - Jul 29, 2011
Tags: applying foundation, baking soda, black book of hollywood beauty secrets, brooke shields, cindy pearlman, daily telegraph, even skin tone, hollywood actresses, hollywood beauty secrets, hollywood celebs, inner corners, inner eyes, kym douglas, magical effect, natural vitamins, sarah jessica parker, self tanner, singer jessica simpson, skin care routine, star jennifer