The Aussie sex shop that also runs a child-minding service!October 31st, 2008 - 6:31 pm ICT by ANI
Melbourne, Oct 31 (ANI): A new sex shop Down Under is marketing itself as the family-friendly alternative, with the help of colouring-in books and an ad hoc child-minding service.
Far from the stereotype of dingy, dimly lit and well-hidden sex shops, the Little By Little Adult Concept Store’’s approach to business at Hillcrest is rather unique.
However, the new business has been caught in a battle for survival with Logan City Council and some surrounding businesses.
Since the business” location is in a shopping complex that also contains a dental surgery, a chemist, a bakery and a beauty salon, two official complaints have been lodged with Logan City Council.
The sex shop also neighbours the New Life Lutheran Church.
Council has issued Little by Little a show cause notice, requiring the business to show reason for continued operation. But Little By Little business manager Monica Bekkers doesn”t see what all the fuss is about: “Everyone has sex.”
Bekkers said she welcomed parents bringing young children into her shop if they had nowhere else to leave them.
“It only takes a child eight minutes to die in a hot car, and I don”t see the harm in letting your child sit in our shop and colour-in while mum or dad look about,” the Daily Telegraph quoted Bekkers, as saying.
“I must be clear I am not telling people to bring their kids in and show them the sex toys, I am saying if you need to have your child with you we can entertain them and that’’s OK.
“Everyone who works in this shop is a parent themselves we are family friendly, she added.
The front of the store displays mostly lingerie, while sex toys and DVDs are at the back.
But New Life Lutheran Church pastor Noel Burton and his congregation had a different view.
“It is a family shopping centre and that isn”t the right place for a sex shop,” Burton said. (ANI)
- Oz priest left furious with sex shop opening opposite church - Apr 23, 2011
- China, a major producer of the world's sex toys - Apr 25, 2012
- Maggie Gyllenhaal talks about filming her movie 'Hysteria' - Sep 23, 2011
- Best Buy Sales Continue To Crowd Stores On The Eve Of Teddy Day - Feb 10, 2011
- Mum left shocked as Toys 'R' Us video turns out to be X-rated - Feb 09, 2011
- Erotic bestseller spurs sale of fetish products - Aug 17, 2012
- Online sex shops booming in China - Jul 10, 2010
- 'Stumpy' makers hope to sell entire stock of cuddly mascot (With Image) - Feb 21, 2011
- Woman opens sex toy drive-thru in Alabama after finding loophole in law - Dec 31, 2010
- Gay Pastors Reinstated In Atlanta - May 05, 2010
- British police in search of sex toys! - May 14, 2012
- US state debuts first sex toy drive-thru window - Nov 11, 2010
- Some tips on how to redecorate your kids' rooms - Feb 08, 2011
- Adult toys sell like hot cakes in recession-hit Britain - Aug 03, 2009
- Black Friday deals - Nov 25, 2011
Tags: aussie sex, beauty salon, bekkers, business location, business manager, chemist, child minding, colouring, daily telegraph, dental surgery, hillcrest, hot car, life lutheran church, logan city council, neighbours, new life lutheran church, new sex, sex toys, shopping centre, shopping complex