Thaggu ke Laddu goes on-lineMay 31st, 2008 - 9:22 am ICT by admin
By Mahinder Mishra
Kanpur, May 31 (ANI): Kanpurs sweet shop Thaggu ke Ladu which had hogged headlines last year during the wedding of Abhishek Bachchan and Aishwarya Rai has now gone online.
Prakash Pandey, the owner of this shop had reached the Bachchan residence loaded with a gift basket of Laddus weighing 51 kilograms without invitation last year.
Pandey said: “The world is gradually going hi-tech and I thought that even my Laddu should go hi-tech. So I have launched this website. It can be accessed on www.thaggukeladdu.com. We have launched it so that we could instantly contact all the big cities of India.”
“The popularity of our sweet has reached in the whole world but we only had this shop to get an access. Though the demand was everywhere, the supply was not enough and then we came across the idea of internet. After taking help from other sites, we made our own website,” added Ravi Prakash Pandey, co-owner and son of Prakash Pandey.
“I have been coming to Kanpur for the past ten years and every time I take along Thaggu ke Laddu with me. My friends always ask me to bring some for them whenever I make a visit. I have just come to know about the website. On-line facility will make it easy for everybody to place order,” said Ramchander, customer from outstation.
The shop, which was stated nearly 50 years ago, still holds a special significance in the name of sweet makers.
Matha Pandey alias Ram Avtar Pandey who laid the shops foundation, feels that there is more to the name than just publicity gimmick.
According to him, initially when he arrived in Kanpur 62 years ago, he had listened to Mahatma Gandhis speech which stated that sugar is white poison.
Afterwards, he wondered how he would prepare a Laddu without sugar but decided to be true to his customers and thus named the preparation Thaggu ke Laddu.
Thaggu ke Laddu have been appreciated by many film stars like Prem Chopra, Sanjay Kapoor, Hema Malini and Amitabh Bachchan. (ANI)
- Andhra 'laddu' enters Guinness World Records - Nov 18, 2011
- Salman, SRK war of words continues - Apr 02, 2012
- Tweets that made headlines (2011 In Retrospect) - Dec 28, 2011
- Pennsylvania Wine Lovers Can Now Enjoy Wine From Wine Vending Machines - Aug 08, 2010
- Media should show restraint, says Chandy - Jan 18, 2012
- Jordan claims to possess paranormal powers - Aug 10, 2010
- Goa legislators could get IPads - Aug 08, 2012
- Big B, Priyanka to attend opening of hi-tech Pune stadium - Apr 08, 2012
- Now, a 'calorie counter' to check weight lost during sex, shopping - Jun 30, 2010
- Now, hi-tech material undies that promise girls perfect hourglass figures - Jan 10, 2011
- New Indian consumer: Caught between tech and tradition - Mar 21, 2012
- I receive death threats from US soldiers: Assange - Dec 21, 2010
- 'Tweet Mirror' captures shoppers look in changing room, asks pals for online feedback! - Mar 31, 2011
- Haryana opens up new industrial township near Rohtak - Jul 18, 2010
- George Clooney's high-tech plan to stop Sudan civil war - Jan 08, 2011
Tags: abhishek bachchan, abhishek bachchan and aishwarya rai, aishwarya rai, alias, amitabh bachchan, co owner, film stars, gimmick, hema malini, kilograms, laddu, ladu, mahatma gandhis, mishra, prem chopra, ram avtar, ravi prakash, sanjay kapoor, sweet shop, wedding of abhishek bachchan and aishwarya rai