‘Thackerays came to Mumbai two generations ago for jobs’June 24th, 2008 - 9:06 pm ICT by ANI
Mumbai, June 24 (ANI): Nationalist Congress Party’s mouthpiece Rashtravadi has said that the Thackerays came to Mumbai two generations ago for jobs and have no right to assault those coming in search of livelihood in the financial capital of India.
NCP mouthpiece made this claim in an article published in this month’s issue.
A renowned scholar and Professor at the Pune University, Hari Narke, has written the strong-worded article in the Rashtravadi.
Narke flayed Maharashtra Navnirman Sena chief Raj Thackeray, who is Bal Thackeray’s nephew, over attacks on migrants in Mumbai.
“Raj should read the autobiography of his grandfather Prabodhankar Thackeray (Bal Thackeray’s father). Prabodhankar, who studied in Madhya Pradesh, has written how he travelled in other states for livelihood,” Narke said.
“This proves that the Thackerays, who are not original inhabitants of Mumbai, came to this city in search of livelihood,” the scholar said.
Incidentally, Maharashtra Government published Prabodhankar’s literature in 1995 at the behest of Narke, the article said.
“Who gave those, who came to Mumbai two generations ago to earn their livelihood, the right to beat up others who also come here in search of jobs?” Narke questioned. (ANI)
- Raj Thackeray warns of riots over anti-Marathi remarks - Nov 03, 2011
- Uddhav Thackeray had chest pain since four days - Jul 17, 2012
- Raj speaks up for estranged uncle Bal Thackeray - Jun 01, 2011
- Now, Raj Thackeray also snubs Gopinath Munde - Feb 16, 2011
- Shiv Sena indestructible, says Bal Thackeray - Feb 14, 2012
- Bal Thackeray terms PM 'politically impotent' - Jul 10, 2012
- Munde failed to clinch good offer from Congress: Raj Thackeray - Jun 23, 2011
- BJP, Shiv Sena meet to sort out differences - Mar 13, 2011
- Shiv Sena chief rejects proposal for alliance with MNS - Feb 15, 2011
- Raj-Uddhav Thackeray 'bonhomie' fuels political speculation - Jul 16, 2012
- Uddhav, Raj part soon after joining mill workers' cause (Lead) - Jul 28, 2011
- Uddhav calls Raj traitor - Sep 20, 2011
- Raj Thackeray hits out at uncle, Shiv Sena - Feb 14, 2012
- Aditya Thackeray justifies attack on Mistry's book - Oct 18, 2010
- Thackeray visits Patekar for Ganeshotsav - Sep 22, 2010
Tags: autobiography, bal thackeray, behest, capital of india, inhabitants, jobs, june 24, literature, livelihood, maharashtra, migrants, mouthpiece, mumbai, nationalist congress party, ncp, nephew, pune university, raj thackeray, renowned scholar, two generations