Textile Minister Dayanidhi Maran lauds Karunanidhi during poll campaignApril 9th, 2011 - 2:20 pm ICT by ANI
Coimbatore, Apr 9 (ANI): Indian Textiles Minister Dayanidhi Maran claimed during the poll campaign here that Chief Minister of the state M Karunanidhi has worked for the people of Tamil Nadu during his rule.
“It is only Karunanidhi who has fulfilled all the promises, which he has made. He enacted many people friendly policies during his rule and that is why we are seeking the re election of government,” said Maran.
“If the party voted to power then it would provide poor people with 35 kilograms of rice,” every month, he assured.
The main opposition to the DMK in the State is the All India Anna Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (AIADMK), led by Jayalalitha. .
The DMK currently has six ministers in Central cabinet including Chemicals and Fertilisers Minister M. K. Alagiri, Textiles Minister Dayanidhi Maran and four junior ministers, S. S. Palanimanickam (Finance), S. Jagathrakshakan (Information and Broadcasting), D. Napoleon (Social Justice and Empowerment) and S. Gandhiselvan (Health and Family Welfare).
The polls to the 234-member Tamil Nadu Legislative Assembly will take place on April 13. (ANI)
- DMK ministers meet Pranab, as discussions on seat sharing continue - Mar 08, 2011
- Congress-DMK talks on seat sharing continue - Mar 08, 2011
- DMK pull out from Government put off by a day - Mar 07, 2011
- DMK-Congress seat sharing impasse ends, Congress gets 63 - Mar 08, 2011
- DMK deadlock continues, says Azad - Mar 07, 2011
- DMK asked to re-think resignations - Mar 07, 2011
- DMK ministers to resign Monday - Mar 06, 2011
- DMK, Congress sign formal agreement on seat sharing - Mar 09, 2011
- DMK ministers arrive in Delhi, say will resign - Mar 07, 2011
- Ministers to resign Monday, no contact from Congress: DMK (Night Lead) - Mar 07, 2011
- Ministers to resign Monday, no hope of patch-up: DMK (Lead) - Mar 06, 2011
- DMK holds quit notice, parleys on with Congress (Intro Roundup) - Mar 08, 2011
- DMK puts ministers' resignation on hold for a day (Lead) - Mar 07, 2011
- Congress, DMK preparing to shake hands again? (Night Lead) - Mar 07, 2011
- DMK ministers to submit their resignations to PM - Mar 07, 2011
Tags: aiadmk, alagiri, chemicals, chief minister, dayanidhi maran, dmk, dravida munnetra kazhagam, empowerment, family welfare, indian textiles, junior ministers, kilograms, legislative assembly, m karunanidhi, napoleon, opposition, poll campaign, polls, promises, social justice