Text of resolution adopted at all-party meetingJuly 12th, 2010 - 11:45 pm ICT by IANS
Srinagar, July 12 (IANS) The all-party meeting chaired here Monday by Chief Minister Omar Abdullah adopted the following resolutions:
“The meeting expressed deep anguish at the unfortunate loss of lives during the recent disturbances and appealed to the state government to consider adequate relief in favour of the families of the deceased.
“The meeting further expressed its dismay over the economic losses suffered by the people during the disturbances, particularly by the small traders, vendors, daily wagers and other weaker sections of the society.
“Keeping in view the suffering of the people, huge economic losses and the adverse impact on the education of the children, the all-party meeting made a fervent appeal to the people of the state, irrespective of their political affiliations, to come forward and help in the restoration of peace and normalcy.
“The meeting urged the state government to have an enquiry conducted to ascertain the circumstances leading to the death of the civilians.
“The meeting also decided that an all party delegation shall call on the Prime Minister and invite his attention to various problems faced by the state.
“The meeting also urged the government of India to strengthen the ongoing peace process through internal and external dialogue.”
However, the Bharatiya Janata Party did not agree with the resolution with regard to conducting an enquiry to probe the circumstances leading to the death of civilians.
The parties that attended the meeting include National Conference (NC), Indian National Congress (INC), Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP), Communist Party of India (CPI), Communist Party of India-Marxist (CPI-M), Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP), Nationalist Congress Party(NCP), Samajwadi Party(SP), Peoples Democratic Front(PDF), Democratic Party Nationalist(DPN) besides independent MLAs including, MLA, Langate, Abdul Rashid, MLA, Kathua, Charanjeet Singh and MLA, Leh, Tsetian Namgyal.
National Conference president Farooq Abdullah, president Pradesh Congress Committee(PCC), Prof. Saif-u-Din Soz also attended the meeting.
- Kashmir parties for independent probe into civilian killings (Roundup) - Jul 12, 2010
- National Conference meet inconclusive as both Abdullahs absent - Sep 25, 2011
- Kashmir assembly to take up Afzal mercy plea Sep 28 - Sep 17, 2011
- PM to discuss Kashmir situation with state leaders - Aug 09, 2010
- All party meeting on Kashmir Monday - Jul 12, 2010
- Omar government telling lies, claims Mehbooba - Oct 29, 2011
- Congress, NC war of words hots up in Kashmir - Nov 01, 2011
- Consensus eludes all-party meet on Lokpal bill (Second Lead) - Jul 03, 2011
- All-party meeting ends in Srinagar - Jul 12, 2010
- Hoping for calm in Kashmir in near future: Azad - Aug 21, 2010
- Meghalaya CM calls all-party meet on boundary row - Jul 25, 2012
- Mirwaiz describes all-party delegation's visit as a joke - Sep 20, 2010
- Mirwaiz, Malik, Mehbooba reject all-party invite for talks - Sep 20, 2010
- All-party delegation in Kashmir with 'open mind': Chidambaram - Sep 20, 2010
- Kashmir crisis: 39-member all-party delegation arrives in Srinagar for review, talks - Sep 20, 2010
Tags: adequate relief, adverse impact, bahujan samaj party, bahujan samaj party bsp, bharatiya janata party, communist party of india, communist party of india marxist, democratic front, dpn, economic losses, government of india, independent mlas, indian national congress, kathua, nationalist congress party, peace process, political affiliations, samaj, small traders, unfortunate loss