Terrorists have no religion: Nitin GadkariMarch 23rd, 2010 - 1:07 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Mar 23 (ANI): Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) president Nitin Gadkari has said that a terrorist has no religion and can’t be classified as a Hindu or a Muslim.
“It is unfortunate that we identify people involved with certain terrorist activities according to their religious affiliations,” said Gadkari, adding that a terrorist has no caste, creed or religion.
Gadkari further said, “A god fearing Hindu will not kill an innocent Muslim and similarly, a god fearing Muslim will not kill an innocent Hindu, and if he is doing so, then he is a terrorist who does not belong to any religion.”
The BJP president on Monday stressed on the need for a modern idiom to articulate ‘Hindutva’ for the youth, adding that the Supreme Court’s 1995 description of Hindutva must be the standard.
“Hindutva cannot become any political party’s agenda. It was more a way of life,” said Gadkari.
The Supreme Court of India in a judgement ruled that ‘no precise meaning can be ascribed to the terms ‘Hindu’, ‘Hindutva’ and ‘Hinduism’; and no meaning in the abstract can confine it to the narrow limits of religion alone, excluding the content of Indian culture and heritage.
The Court also ruled that ‘Hindutva’ is understood as a way of life or a state of mind and is not to be equated with or understood as religious Hindu fundamentalism. (ANI)
- BJP's Kashmir yatra: provocative, self-defeating adventurism (Comment) - Jan 29, 2011
- Communalism is linked to terrorism, says CPI-M - Sep 10, 2011
- BJP's PM wannabes more enthusiastic than party (Comment) - Sep 17, 2011
- Indian Mujahideen: poison fruit of saffron politics, jehadi mindset (Comment) - Dec 11, 2010
- 19 years after Babri demolition, Ram temple on backburner? - Dec 05, 2011
- BJP has nearly all of Congress's sins - and a few of its own (Comment) - Mar 24, 2012
- US brewer sorry, says it's renaming 'Kali-Ma' beer - May 15, 2012
- Zed blames religious leaders for what Pope warns as "people of God turning non-believers" - Apr 22, 2011
- Cracks in Hindutva camp spells doom for doctrine (Comment) - Feb 06, 2010
- Advani opposes probe panel on airwave allocation - Dec 11, 2010
- Chidambaram should withdraw saffron terror remark: Rajnath - Aug 28, 2010
- BJP to create 50 lakh jobs in Uttar Pradesh: Gadkari - Nov 17, 2011
- Bhagavad Gita: A spiritual work of excellence - Dec 20, 2011
- Congress slams Gadkari over Afzal Guru 'son-in-law' remarks - Jul 09, 2010
- Gadkari defends Jaitely on WikiLeaks expose - Mar 27, 2011
Tags: bharatiya janata party, bjp president, caste, creed, god, heritage, hindu fundamentalism, hinduism, hindutva, indian culture, judgement, muslim, New Delhi, religion, religious affiliations, supreme court of india, terrorist activities, terrorists, way of life