Terrorists admit planning to attack Bangalore airportJanuary 28th, 2008 - 5:21 pm ICT by admin
Bangalore, Jan 28 (ANI): Two persons, who were arrested by Karnataka Police for having alleged links with terrorist organisations, have revealed that they were planning to attack the Hubli Airport in Bangalore.
According to the police, the duo - a cook and a medical student - Mohammad Ghouse and his friend Assadullah Abbubukar were having links with Pakistan-based terror organisation.
The police also came to know that Ghouse’s father Naseeruddin Mohammad is a Lashkar e Toiba (LeT) operative and has received training in Pakistan.
Naseerruddin was trained as a suicide bomber at Muzafarabad in Pakistan, intelligence officials have revealed.
The police teams from Delhi, Hyderabad and Gujarat will soon arrive in the city to interrogate Ghouse and Abbubukar, rediff.com reported.
The police are trying to get more information about Naseeruddin, who was allegedly involved in the Haren Pandya murder as well as the Hyderabad blasts.
The media reports suggest that Assadullah met Ghouse at a religious congregation in Hubli last year.
The police have also recovered CDs and maps of various installations from the duos possession. (ANI)
- Hyderabad student's family says he is innocent - Sep 01, 2012
- Special team to probe Karnataka terror suspects' links - Sep 01, 2012
- HuJI's south India chief arrested in Hyderabad (Lead) - Jan 18, 2010
- Hyderabad police arrest HUJI's south India chief - Jan 18, 2010
- Haren Pandya's sisters to approach PM for justice - Sep 02, 2011
- 15 dead in Andhra train accident - May 22, 2012
- Journalist among nine held for terrorist links - Aug 30, 2012
- Terror suspects families cry foul over arrests - Aug 31, 2012
- Sindh Interior Ministry denies masterminds of Indian bombings in Pakistan - Aug 07, 2008
- Pakistani scholar's Gujarat remarks spark row - Mar 01, 2012
- Haren Pandya murder: Gujarat High Court acquits all 12 accused - Aug 29, 2011
- 11 terror suspects held, 'catastrophe' averted: Karnataka Police (Lead) - Aug 30, 2012
- Convicts question police theory on Gujarat ex-minister's killing - Jul 13, 2011
- Muslim grouping seeks fair probe in Karnataka terror case - Sep 01, 2012
- Eid celebrated with prayers for peace, feasting (Roundup) - Aug 20, 2012
Tags: ghouse, gujarat, haren pandya, hyderabad blasts, intelligence officials, interrogate, jan 28, maps, medical student, mohammad, muzafarabad, pakistan, police teams, possession, religious congregation, suicide bomber, terror, terrorist organisations, terrorists, two persons