Teji Bachchan`s ashes immersed at Sangam in AllahabadDecember 27th, 2007 - 6:17 pm ICT by admin
Allahabad, Dec 27 (ANI): The ashes of Teji Bachchan, the mother of Bollywood superstar Amitabh Bachchan, were today immersed in the holy Sangam here by the family and close friends.
Amitabh, his wife Jaya, son Abhishek, daughter-in-law Aishwarya Rai, younger brother Ajitabh and family friend and Samajwadi Party General Secretary Amar Singh arrived at the Bamrauli Airport here by a special aircraft at around 11:30 a.m.
The Bachchans were taken upto to the banks of the holy confluence of Ganga, Yamuna and Saraswati in a chartered bus.
The immersion of the ashes took place amid tight security in view of Amitabh Bachchan’s iconic status with the public.
The ritual lasted for about an hour and were conducted by renowned priests’ group “Prayagwal Mahasabha”.
The Bachchans thereafter left for Chitrakoot and Varanasi. (ANI)
- On Kartik Purnima, thousands take holy dip - Nov 10, 2011
- Break in at Big B's house - Jul 22, 2012
- Break in at Bachchan home (Lead) - Jul 22, 2012
- Devotees celebrate Kartik Purnima across India - Nov 21, 2010
- Devotees throng Shiva temples, celebrate 'Shravan' - Jul 16, 2011
- Fans celebrate Amitabh Bachchan's 68th birthday across the country - Oct 11, 2010
- Thousands take Basant Panchami dip in Sangam - Feb 08, 2011
- Amar defends Sonia, Rahul over Congress attack on Amitabh - Apr 01, 2010
- Large number of pilgrims take holy dip on Ganga Dusshera - Jun 21, 2010
- Devotees take holy dip in rivers across Uttar Pradesh on first day of Navratri - Oct 08, 2010
- Shabana gets cake designed as slum on b'day - Sep 19, 2010
- Pilgrims converge for Magh Mela in Allahabad - Dec 31, 2009
- With a burst of yellow, Indians mark Basant Panchami - Feb 08, 2011
- Big B seeks late parents' blessings for 'ninth' Bachchan - Nov 17, 2011
- Amar Singh visits Bachchan family to wish them - Nov 16, 2011
Tags: abhishek, allahabad, amar singh, amitabh bachchan, bamrauli airport, chartered bus, chitrakoot, close friends, confluence, family friend, general secretary, immersion, priests, Samajwadi Party, sangam, saraswati, teji bachchan, tight security, wife jaya, yamuna