Teji Bachchan to be cremated todayDecember 22nd, 2007 - 11:56 am ICT by admin
Mumbai, Dec 22 (ANI): The cremation of Teji Bachchan, the mother of Bollywood superstar Amitabh Bachchan, will be held here today.
She passed away on Friday after prolonged illness. She was 93.
She had been hospitalised for more than a year for old-age related ailments.
A Sikh from Karachi, she is the wife of the late Hindi poet Harivansh Rai Bachchan. She is survived by her two sons Amitabh and Ajitabh.
The second wife of Harivansh, Teji was an amateur actor as well as a singer.
Born as Teji Suri to Punjabi parents, she married Bachchan in 1941 after the death of his first wife.
Dr. Bachchan and Teji won wide acclaim during their younger days as a singing duo at literary meets. (ANI)
- On dad's 9th death anniversary, Big B misses him - Jan 18, 2012
- Big B to record father's work in his voice? - Jan 20, 2012
- Big B's mother Teji Bachchan cremated - Dec 22, 2007
- I don't believe in the caste system: Amitabh Bachchan (Interview) - Jul 18, 2011
- My caste is Indian, declares Amitabh - May 12, 2010
- Richness of our language getting lost: Amitabh Bachchan (Interview) - Aug 11, 2011
- Amitabh Bachchan's mother passes away - Dec 21, 2007
- I wasn't taught to differentiate between caste, creed: Big B - Jul 27, 2011
- Big B seeks late parents' blessings for 'ninth' Bachchan - Nov 17, 2011
- Bachchans present 'Madhushala' in a new bottle - Nov 29, 2009
- Amitabh alarmed by 'cut paste' of father's works - Mar 29, 2010
- Opposition mounts to Amitabh's plea on anti-Sikh riots - Dec 16, 2011
- A 68-Pound Cake For Big B On His Birthday From Fans - Oct 09, 2010
- Big B's grand plans to celebrate father's 101st birth anniversary - Nov 02, 2009
- 'Ra.One' to meet 'Raavan' in London! (Movie Snippets) - Jun 13, 2010