Tejas achieves another milestone — night flyingNovember 9th, 2008 - 12:06 pm ICT by ANI
!– NO IMAGE –
By Kestur G Vasuki
Bengaluru, Nov.9 (ANI): Indias Tejas Light Combat Aircraft achieved an important milestone when it took to the skies by night on November 7.
In its maiden flight by night, the Prototype Vehicle-3 aircraft took off at 8:05 p.m.from Bangalore airport and carried out a set of predetermined manoeuvres to demonstrate its night capability.
The aircraft was piloted by Group Captain N Tiwari of the National Flight Test Centre. Wing Commander R K Dash as the test director, along with several Senior Officers of the Tejas Programme were at the telemetry station monitoring the progress of the flight. The flight met all its test objectives.
The night qualification marks an important step towards achieving Initial Operational Capability (IOC).
The flawless flight will pave the way for systems and weapon integration for delivery by night.
The modifications for achieving night capability has been worked out by a dedicated team in Aeronautical Development Agency and ably supported by Hindustan Aeronautics Limited supported by IAF, CEMILAC and DGAQA. (ANI)
- LCA Tejas completes successful maiden flight - Apr 24, 2010
- India to form indigenous Tejas fighter squadron by 2013 (Lead, with Images) - Jan 10, 2011
- IAF flies homegrown Tejas fighter jet for operational clearance - Jan 10, 2011
- India's new test range for weapons trials goes operational - Dec 15, 2010
- India's own fighter jet Tejas to join air force Monday - Jan 09, 2011
- Embraer-based airborne warning system reaches India - Aug 23, 2012
- Naval LCA engine test successful - Sep 27, 2011
- 'Indigenous jet trainer to get initial clearance by July' - Feb 10, 2011
- LCA's Naval version prepares to roll out - Jun 26, 2010
- Tejas's trainer version makes successful maiden flight - Nov 26, 2009
- India test flies naval variant of LCA (Lead) - Apr 28, 2012
- Second phase of weapon testing on Tejas is underway - Mar 04, 2009
- India's own first supersonic fighter Tejas handed to Air Force - Jan 10, 2011
- Trainer aircraft crashes, two pilots eject safely (Lead) - Apr 29, 2011
- India flight tests indigenous jet engine in Moscow - Nov 04, 2010
Tags: aeronautical development agency, bengaluru, dedicated team, flight test, group captain, hindustan aeronautics, indias, initial operational capability, light combat aircraft, maiden flight, manoeuvres, national flight, night capability, prototype vehicle, telemetry station, test centre, test director, test objectives, vasuki, wing commander