Teachers protest for permanent jobs in BathindaFebruary 22nd, 2009 - 10:41 pm ICT by ANI
Bathinda, Feb 22 (ANI): Hundreds of teachers on Sunday staged a protest for regularization of their jobs by going atop a water tank here.
The protesting teachers raised slogans against the Punjabs Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal, who had came here to inaugurate a hospital.
A number of teachers climbed on the water tank and raised anti-government slogans.
They warned the government by saying they would jump from the water tank and commit suicide if their demands did not meet.
Education Guarantee Scheme (EGS) president Veerpal Kaur said, We met the officials thrice on February 10, 14 and 21. But they are not accepting our demands. Officials are misguiding us. Our colleagues will not come down from the water tank unless our demands are met.
She also told that government had earlier assured them for permanent job, but nothing has been initiated so far. (ANI)
- Teaching a lesson to the Badal government (Punjab Newsletter) - Dec 09, 2011
- Punjab slapgate gets wider; protestors caned before Badal - Dec 07, 2011
- Urdu teachers climb water tank to press for demands - Feb 21, 2011
- Teachers climb water tank in protest; baton charged (Lead) - Feb 21, 2011
- Two jobless women teachers jump from water tank in Punjab - Jun 22, 2010
- Punjab teacher dies after setting herself ablaze (Lead) - Feb 08, 2010
- Punjab teacher dies after setting herself ablaze - Feb 08, 2010
- Punjab slapgate: Headman arrested, bailed out - Dec 07, 2011
- Punjab creates separate cadre of teachers for border areas - Aug 03, 2012
- Railways move to cut cancer patients' quota opposed - Jun 06, 2010
- Woman teacher critical after self-immolation bid - Feb 08, 2010
- Punjab seeks complete loan waiver - May 08, 2012
- Women climb water tank to protest poor rehab facilities - Dec 14, 2010
- Akali Dal, BJP stage state-wide protest against corruption - Jun 17, 2011
- Primary schoolteachers protest to seek job regularisation from Punjab Govt. - Sep 12, 2010