Tatas Nano to be launched todayMarch 23rd, 2009 - 11:45 am ICT by ANI
Mumbai, Mar 23 (ANI): Tata Group Chairman Ratan Tata is all set to launch the Nano, the 4-seater, 100,000-rupee price tag super-cheap car for the masses, today.
Described as peoples car by Ratan Tata, customers can expect to own a car at a price between Rs. 1.20 lakh and Rs. 1.30 lakh, depending on the version of Nano.
The Nano would come in three versions — standard and two deluxe models with air conditioning.
After the launch in Mumbai, Nano would be displayed at the companys dealerships from the first week of April, while the bookings would start from the following week. The booking amount is fixed at Rs. 70,000.
Only 50,000 cars will be available in the first year from Tata facilities in Pune and Pantnagar. Tata is waiting for the 250,000-unit capacity in Gujarat to come onstream to meet public demand for the vehicle.
Tata Motors Ltd moved in its ultra low-cost Nano car to Sanand in Gujarat following violent protests at Singur in West Bengal.
The car was unveiled in January 2008. It was scheduled to go on sale last October, but problems with the main plant location delayed the launch. (ANI)
- Tatas Nano to be launched on Monday - Mar 22, 2009
- Tata Motor''s Pantnagar plant all set to roll out Nano - Mar 19, 2009
- Nano's Sanand plant goes on stream (Lead) - Jun 02, 2010
- Tata Nano plant in Gujarat inaugurated - Jun 02, 2010
- Nano will be on Indian roads in July - Mar 23, 2009
- First Nano from Gujarat unit rolls out Wednesday - Jun 02, 2010
- Narender Modi inaugurates new manufacturing plant of Nano in Gujarat - Jun 02, 2010
- Nano was born out of a doodle by Ratan Tata - Oct 14, 2010
- Tata Nano sale starts in Nepal from NRS 7.98 lakh - Jun 26, 2011
- Ratan Tata force behind group's international foray - Nov 24, 2011
- Ratan Tata presents Nano to first customer Ashish Balakrishnan - Jul 17, 2009
- India gets the world's cheapest car in little Nano (Roundup) - Mar 23, 2009
- Bookings for small car Nano begin Thursday (Lead) - Apr 08, 2009
- Some day Tata Motors will have plant in Bengal: Ratan Tata - Aug 31, 2012
- After Nano, Tata launches millionaire's car in Nepal - Jul 14, 2011
Tags: car for the masses, chairman ratan tata, cheap car, deluxe models, group chairman, gujarat, lakh, launch, nano, pantnagar, plant location, price tag, pune, rs 1, rupee, singur, tata group, tata motors ltd, violent protests, west bengal