Tata’’s ”Nano” project good for Gujarat’’s economy: Narendra ModiOctober 12th, 2008 - 1:28 pm ICT by ANI
Ahmedabad, Oct 12 (ANI): Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi today said that Tata Group’’s ”Nano” car project is good for state’’s economy in spite of global economic recession.
Speaking at the inauguration of a flyover at Chanakyapuri in Ghatlodiya of the city, Modi said, “Some people who are trying to create problems in the project’’s path will not get success.”
The Chief Minister added that people are happy that Nano project is in the state.
On October 7, Narendra Modi and Tata Group Chairman Ratan Tata had signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) for setting up ”Nano” car project in Gujarat.
The project plant will be set up in Sanand, 30 kms from the Ahmedabad, on the land of Anand Agriculture University (AAU).
Officials said that 1,100 acres of land would be given to the Tata Motors.
Tata Motors will produce 2.5 lakh cars annually in Gujarat; the capacity can go up to 5 lakh cars per annum.
The land for the ”Nano” project is located within a 2200-acre campus owned by the Anand Agriculture University. The university has already transferred 1,000 acres back to the government.
The Gujarat Government had gone all out to woo Tata Motors ever since Singur project in West Bengal came unstuck.
Tata Motors” officials had also been looking at sites in Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh and Maharashtra in search of a suitable site for its ”Nano” plant.
Tata has said the Nano would be launched this month. It is expected to be priced around 1,00,000 rupees and would be the world’’s cheapest car. (ANI)
- Maruti plans 10 lakh capacity plant in Gujarat - May 31, 2011
- Tata, Modi sign MoU for setting up Nano - Oct 07, 2008
- Modi to visit Japan, meet Suzuki officials (Lead) - Jul 21, 2012
- First Nano from Gujarat unit rolls out Wednesday - Jun 02, 2010
- Nano's Sanand plant goes on stream (Lead) - Jun 02, 2010
- Tata, Modi sign MoU for setting up Nano (Update) - Oct 07, 2008
- West Bengal moves apex court on Singur land law - Aug 07, 2012
- Narender Modi inaugurates new manufacturing plant of Nano in Gujarat - Jun 02, 2010
- Nano likely to roll-out of Gujarat - Oct 07, 2008
- More investment from Tata group likely in Gujarat - Jun 02, 2010
- Manesar violence blow to Maruti, may hit Japanese investment - Jul 20, 2012
- Tata Nano plant in Gujarat inaugurated - Jun 02, 2010
- Not shying from investing in Haryana plants: Maruti Suzuki - Nov 03, 2011
- Some day Tata Motors will have plant in Bengal: Ratan Tata - Aug 31, 2012
- Mamata government tables Singur bill - Jun 14, 2011
Tags: aau, acre campus, agriculture university, ahmedabad, anand, car project, chairman ratan tata, chanakyapuri, chief minister, flyover, global economic recession, group chairman, gujarat government, memorandum of understanding, nano project, narendra modi, rupees, tata group, tata motors, west bengal