Tata Motor’’s Pantnagar plant all set to roll out NanoMarch 19th, 2009 - 2:39 pm ICT by ANI
Pantnagar (Uttarakhand), Mar 19 (ANI): The Pantnagar plant of Tata Motors in Uttarakhand is all set to roll out the Nano, the 4-seater, 100,000-rupee price tag super-cheap car for the masses.
In a recent announcement, vehicle maker Tata Motors said that it would launch its Nano on March 23 and accept bookings from the second week of April.
The car, expected to be priced around 100,000 rupees, was unveiled in January 2008. It was scheduled to go on sale last October, but problems with the main plant location delayed the launch.
Car dealers say there is a huge craze for the Nano with people regularly visiting them in an attempt to buy the car in the first lot.
“There is a lot of hype in the market. People are crazy about it. They are waiting for Ratan Tata’’s dream car. We are getting a lot of queries. We have got a good response. We have got over 2000-2500 booking already,” said Ankit Aggarwal, dealer, Tata Motors.
Experts, however, say that Tata is worried that the current economic downturn and production constraints may spoil the success of the world’’s cheapest car.
The price tag has created a lot of excitement among people. “I am coming here to enquire for the second time. I want to buy it,” said Manoj Singh, a prospective customer.
Only 50,000 cars will be available in the first year from Tata facilities in Pune and Pantnagar. Tata is waiting for the 250,000-unit capacity in Gujarat to come onstream to meet public demand for the vehicle.
Meanwhile, the venture of Renault/Nissan Motor with Bajaj said their 2,500 dollars car is on track to launch in 2011, while Maruti Suzuki and Hyundai Motor, the No.1 and No.2 carmakers in India, are unlikely to cede ground to Nano without a fight.
Volkswagen, Toyota Motor, Honda and Fiat have also said they are keen to build low-cost cars, although the slowdown may temper their investment plans. (ANI)
- Tatas Nano to be launched today - Mar 23, 2009
- Ratan Tata presents Nano to first customer Ashish Balakrishnan - Jul 17, 2009
- People throng Tata showroom in Haldwani to have glimpse of 'Nano' - Apr 06, 2009
- Nepal to test-drive Nano next month - Jun 25, 2010
- Nano begins much-awaited Nepal journey - Jun 01, 2011
- Nano will be on Indian roads in July - Mar 23, 2009
- Renault-Nissan's Indian plant to cater to Danone's mega order - Jul 05, 2012
- Nano's Sanand plant goes on stream (Lead) - Jun 02, 2010
- Tata Nano sale starts in Nepal from NRS 7.98 lakh - Jun 26, 2011
- Tata Motors unveils assembly plant in South Africa - Jul 22, 2011
- After Nano, Tata launches millionaire's car in Nepal - Jul 14, 2011
- Bookings for small car Nano begin Thursday (Lead) - Apr 08, 2009
- First Nano from Gujarat unit rolls out Wednesday - Jun 02, 2010
- Tata Nano set to drive into Taiwan - Jun 03, 2010
- Nano will dent used car, two-wheeler markets: Experts - Mar 23, 2009
Tags: bajaj, car for the masses, carmakers, dream car, economic downturn, hyundai motor, launch, manoj, maruti suzuki, motor honda, nissan motor, pantnagar, plant location, production constraints, prospective customer, ratan tata, renault nissan, tata motor, tata motors, toyota motor