Tata, Modi sign MoU for setting up NanoOctober 7th, 2008 - 8:43 pm ICT by ANI
Ahmedabad, Oct 7 (ANI): Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi and Tata Group Chairman Ratan Tata today signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) for setting up Nano car project in Gujarat.
The project plant will be set up in Sanand, 30 kms from the Ahmedabad, on the land of Anand Agriculture University (AAU).
Officials said that 1,000 acres of land would be given to the Tata Motors.
Tata Motors will produce 2.5 lakh cars annually in Gujarat; the capacity can go up to 5 lakh cars per annum.
The land for the Nano project is located within a 2200-acre campus owned by the Anand Agriculture University. The university has already transferred 1,000 acres back to the government.
The Gujarat Government had gone all out to woo Tata Motors ever since Singur project in West Bengal came unstuck.
Tata Motors” officials had also been looking at sites in Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh and Maharashtra in search of a suitable site for its Nano plant.
Tata has said the Nano would be launched this month. It is expected to be priced around 1,00,000 rupees and would be the world’’s cheapest car. (ANI)
- Tata''s ''Nano'' project good for Gujarat''s economy: Narendra Modi - Oct 12, 2008
- Tata, Modi sign MoU for setting up Nano (Update) - Oct 07, 2008
- Maruti plans 10 lakh capacity plant in Gujarat - May 31, 2011
- Nano likely to roll-out of Gujarat - Oct 07, 2008
- First Nano from Gujarat unit rolls out Wednesday - Jun 02, 2010
- West Bengal moves apex court on Singur land law - Aug 07, 2012
- Nano's Sanand plant goes on stream (Lead) - Jun 02, 2010
- Monthly allowance to Singur's unwilling farmers doubled - Jun 27, 2012
- Narender Modi inaugurates new manufacturing plant of Nano in Gujarat - Jun 02, 2010
- Manmohan not happy with shifting of TATA Motors from Singur - Oct 26, 2008
- Mamata government tables Singur bill - Jun 14, 2011
- Mamata favours railways, SAIL tie-up in Singur - Oct 29, 2011
- Bengal to acquire 400 acres at Singur to return to farmers - Jun 09, 2011
- Kolkata to have new financial hub in Rajarhat - Oct 06, 2010
- Singur celebrates passage of bill for land's return - Jun 14, 2011
Tags: aau, acre campus, agriculture university, anand, andhra pradesh, car project, chairman ratan tata, chief minister, group chairman, gujarat government, maharashtra, memorandum of understanding, nano project, narendra modi, oct 7, rupees, sign mou, tata group, tata motors, west bengal