Tarun Tahiliani showcases his collection at Lakme Fashion WeekOctober 22nd, 2008 - 7:20 pm ICT by ANI
Mumbai, Oct 22 (ANI): Ace designer Tarun Tahiliani set the ramp on fire with new age styling for the conventional denim jeans at Lakme fashion week (LFW) in Mumbai on Tuesday.
The collection was aimed at today’’s woman and is set to change their perspective of denim.
Top line models like Sheetal Mallar, Diandra Soares, Nina Manuel and Shonali Rosario set the ramp on fire.
Denim hot pants with gold coins, pencil skirts with apsara chains, wrinkled skinny apsarette jeans, a denim jacket lavished with thousands of jet Swarovski stones, a coated overlap denim jacket, a denim blue mini shirt dress - were all great formal wear denim ideas all this made the show talk of the town.
Speaking about his collection Tahiliani said that he has given some interesting denim wear options for the stylish women of today.
“Indian women to start with all over the world love to wear colour and jewels while going out for night out, club or dinner. You can have all these options not just another boring pair of jeans. We have created different kinds of versions to go with our skin and added to serious glamour. That was the whole collection about,” said Tahiliani.
LFW, which will be held till October 24, will involve events like media seminars, business-to-business meetings and a buyers” forum, apart from the regular fashion shows.
The event will also provide a platform for fresh designers who possess the talent through the Gen Next and Emerging Designer Category shows.
Apart from this there would be ”Group Accessory Designer show” where an array of accessories like headgears, handbags and shoes would be an interpretation of fashion by 20 renowned artists through their artworks.
Around 75 designers would showcase their collections in this season of the fashion week. (ANI)
- Focus on brand building at mens week (Review) - Sep 05, 2011
- My collection inspired by today's Marilyn Monroe: Ritu Beri - Aug 04, 2012
- Make your cult in bridal wear: Tarun Tahiliani - Jul 25, 2012
- This fashion week was more about creativity than business (Review) - Feb 20, 2012
- Sonakshi goes western chic for Nari's show - Sep 20, 2010
- Celebrities? Who knows? But trends for sure at men's week (Curtainraiser) - Sep 01, 2011
- LFW to celebrate '10 yrs of fashion' - Aug 27, 2009
- Retro to Hawaiian with a twist: Summer fashion for men - May 22, 2012
- Felix Bendish to showcase at Hong Kong Fashion Week - Dec 09, 2011
- Bollywood beauties throng Manish Malhotra's LFW show - Sep 21, 2010
- Rina Dhaka returns to LFW after two years - Aug 18, 2011
- Regulars give Accessory Show at LFW a miss - Aug 03, 2011
- Standing ovation for Kallol, Pankaj and Nidhi at LFW finale - Aug 08, 2012
- Shabana NGO's women create Anita Dongre's LFW collection - Aug 18, 2011
- Hema, Esha add glamour at Lakme Fashion Week - Aug 19, 2011
Tags: artworks, business meetings, denim jacket, denim jeans, designer category, different kinds, fashion week, formal wear, gold coins, hot pants, indian women, lfw, line models, mallar, nina manuel, october 24, renowned artists, shonali rosario, soares, stylish women