Tamilians in Coimbatore demonstrate against Sri Lankan PresidentMay 26th, 2009 - 5:51 pm ICT by ANI
Coimbatore, May 26 (ANI): Over a hundred activists here today demonstrated against Sri Lankan President Mahinda Rajapakse.
The protesters raised slogans against Rajapakse and demanded that he be declared a war criminal for initiating military action against the Liberation Tiger of Tamil Eelam (LTTE).
Wearing photographs of LTTE chief Vellupillai Prabhakaran, the protesters criticised Government of India for supporting Rajapakse Government.
“The Indian Government led by Manmohan Singh and Sonia Gandhi is supporting Rajapakse, who is a human flesh eater and is not declaring Rajapkase as war criminal. The Central Government is betraying the trust of Tamilians in Tamil Nadu and that is why we are protesting today,” said Susi Kalaiarasan, a protester.
The Tamil Tigers for the first time acknowledged the death of their founder and leader Vellupillai Prabhakaran.A statement from the remnants of the rebel group issued late on Sunday said he had been killed a week before in the final battle of what had become Asia’s longest modern war. Sri Lanka declared total victory on May 18. (ANI)
- Tamils protest for a separate state for Sri Lankan Tamils - Nov 28, 2009
- Tamil Nadu calls for sanctions against Sri Lanka - Jun 08, 2011
- Colombo mulling power sharing with Tamils: Peiris - May 17, 2011
- Will get Sri Lankan Tamils their rights: Jayalalithaa - Aug 11, 2011
- Sri Lanka told not to harass media - Jul 04, 2012
- A candid post-mortem of the LTTE (Book Review) - Jul 16, 2012
- Protest against Sri Lankan President in Tamil Nadu - Jul 09, 2010
- Jayalalithaa reiterates her opposition to LTTE - Jul 06, 2010
- Uproar in parliament over Sri Lanka's 'war crimes' (Third Lead) - Mar 13, 2012
- India should help form Tamil Eelam: Ramadoss - Apr 26, 2011
- Tamils protest Bachchan's proposed Sri Lanka visit - Apr 25, 2010
- Five jailed by Hague court for helping LTTE - Oct 22, 2011
- AIADMK unhappy with PM over Sri Lanka (Lead) - Mar 14, 2012
- Vaiko immerses slain LTTE chief Prabhakaran's mother's ashes in Chennai - Mar 23, 2011
- Malaysian Indian loses court appeal over LTTE link charge - Mar 10, 2011
Tags: central government, eelam, flesh eater, government of india, human flesh, indian government, liberation tiger, mahinda rajapakse, manmohan, manmohan singh, military action, protester, protesters, rebel group, remnants, slogans, sonia gandhi, sri lankan president, tamil tigers, vellupillai prabhakaran