Tamil Nadu polls: AIADMK finalises agreement with CPI (M)March 19th, 2011 - 1:39 pm ICT by ANI
Chennai, Mar 19 (ANI): The All India Anna Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (AIADMK) today finalised the process of identification constituencies for the Communist Party of India-Marxist (CPI-M) for the April 13 Assembly elections.
The seat-sharing accord with the CPI-M was reached here at 5. a.m. under which the party, which had been allotted 12 seats, would retain most of its sitting constituencies.
CPI also signed the accord on Friday.
With this, the dissatisfaction that surfaced in the wake of AIADMK’s ‘unilateral’ announcement of candidates for 160 constituencies seems to have dissipated.
Talks to identify seats for DMDK, second largest partner of the alliance, which would contest 41 seats, was expected to be concluded today.
It is also learnt the AIADMK is willing to accommodate the Vaiko-led MDMK by offering it 15 seats, up from nine offered earlier.
Allocation for small allies such as Manitha Neya Makkal Katchi (3 seats) actor Sarathkumar’s All India Samathuva Makkal Katchi (2), All India Forward Bloc, All India Mooventhar Munnetra Kazhagam, RPI and Tamil Nadu Ilaignar Kongu Peravai (all one each) were finalised late last night.
In the 2006 Assembly elections CPI (M) contested in Chidambaram constituency but could not win. Though the party wanted constituencies such as Ambasamudram and Kovilpatti in the Southern Districts, they could get only Palayamkottai.
The polling for 234 assembly constituencies in Tamil Nadu will be held on April 13. (ANI)
- Final tally for Tamil Nadu elections - May 14, 2011
- Tamil Nadu polls: Allies urge Vaiko to reconsider boycott - Mar 21, 2011
- AIADMK allies upset over seat allotment - Mar 17, 2011
- Filing of nomination for TN, Puducherry and Kerala to end today - Mar 26, 2011
- AIADMK, CPI-M in talks on seat sharing - Feb 19, 2011
- Vaiko quits AIADMK alliance over seat sharing disagreement - Mar 20, 2011
- AIADMK working out patch-up formula with allies (Lead) - Mar 19, 2011
- AIADMK working out patch-up formula with allies - Mar 18, 2011
- AIADMK to announce its candidates' list Monday - Mar 20, 2011
- AIADMK in seat-sharing deal with Muslim party - Feb 20, 2011
- AIADMK allots 22 seats to Left parties - Mar 14, 2011
- Tamil Nadu polls: Puthiya Tamizhagam now wants nine seats - Feb 19, 2011
- Sonia Gandhi to address election rally in Puducherry - Apr 05, 2011
- Deadlock continues in Left, AIADMK talks - Mar 12, 2011
- PMK to be part of the DMK-Congress alliance in Tamil Nadu: - Jan 30, 2011
Tags: aiadmk, allies, ambasamudram, assembly constituencies, assembly elections, chennai, communist party of india, communist party of india marxist, constituency, CPI, dissatisfaction, dravida, forward bloc, kongu, kovilpatti, polls, rpi, sarathkumar, vaiko