Tamil leader Vaiko criticises New Delhi’’s Sri Lankan policyFebruary 18th, 2009 - 2:18 pm ICT by ANI
Trichy (TN), Feb 18 (ANI): Tamil leader V. Gopalswamy, popularly known as Vaiko, came down heavily on the Central Government allegedly supporting the Sri Lankan offensive on Tamil rebels in the island nation.
Addressing a human chain here, Vaiko, chief of Marumalarchi Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (MDMK) said: “The Indian Government has supplied enormous weapons, and has given all logistic support to launch a genocidal war against the Tamils. The Indian Government headed by the Congress, has conspired with the racist Sri Lankan Government to eliminate the LTTE. They are not bothered about the killing of civilians,” said Vaiko.
The activists also observed a daylong fast.
Last month, External Affairs Minister Pranab Mukherjee met Sri Lankan President Mahinda Rajapaksa, and discussed safety measures for Tamils trapped in fighting between the army and Tamil Tiger separatists, and post-war reconstruction.
Tamil leaders have been demanding protection of Sri Lanka’’s rebel Tamils, who are closely linked to 60 million Tamils in Tamil Nadu across a narrow straits from Sri Lanka. (ANI)
- Vaiko slams Congress for links with DMK despite corruption charges. - Feb 24, 2011
- MDMK activists protest Centre's invitation to Sri Lankan president Rajapaksa - Oct 14, 2010
- Vaiko immerses slain LTTE chief Prabhakaran's mother's ashes in Chennai - Mar 23, 2011
- Vaiko condemns special treatment for Lankan president at Tirupati - Jan 01, 2010
- MDMK leader goes on hunger strike protesting against fishermen killings - Feb 06, 2011
- Jayalalithaa calls for UN intervention against Lanka president for alleged war crimes - Apr 27, 2011
- Vaiko taken into preventive custody ahead of Rajapaksa visit - Jun 08, 2010
- MDMK leader Vaiko slams Government for inaction on easing Lankan Tamils plight - Sep 11, 2009
- MDMK protest against military offensive in Sri Lanka - Jan 28, 2009
- Vaiko quits AIADMK alliance over seat sharing disagreement - Mar 20, 2011
- MDMK chief Vaiko demands lifting of ban on LTTE - Oct 29, 2010
- Vaiko seeks UN intervention in Sri Lankan crisis - Apr 19, 2009
- MDMK chief Vaiko wants UN to intervene in Sri Lanka - Jul 25, 2009
- AIADMK alliance committed to overthrow Congress-DMK compile in assembly polls: Vaiko - Jan 01, 2011
- AIADMK releases list of 160 candidates for TN polls - Mar 21, 2011
Tags: central government, dravida, external affairs minister, external affairs minister pranab mukherjee, genocidal war, indian government, island nation, logistic support, ltte, mahinda rajapaksa, mdmk, pranab mukherjee, safety measures, sri lankan government, sri lankan president, tamil leaders, tamil rebels, tamil tiger separatists, tamils, war reconstruction