Talks with Centre positive: ULFAFebruary 15th, 2011 - 8:59 pm ICT by ANI
Guwahati, Feb 15 (ANI): United Liberation Front of Asom (ULFA) chairman Arabinda Rajkhowa on Tuesday said the first round of talks with the Centre was ‘very positive’, as the Prime Minister, Dr. Manmohan Singh, has assured of an honourable and acceptable solution to the problems of Assam.
“We had met Prime Minister Manmohan Singh last evening at his residence in Delhi and we are happy with his approach towards resolving Assam’s problems,” said Rajkhowa, while expression satisfaction over the government’s response.
“The Prime Minister has assured us of an honourable and acceptable solution to the problems of Assam and our talks with him were very cordial,” he said. “The prime minister also appreciated our initiative to come forward for peace talks and our resolve to solve the problem through dialogue,” he added.
Earlier on Monday evening, a delegation of ULFA leaders led by Rajkhowa met the Prime Minister at his 7 Race Course Road residence in New Delhi for around 15 minutes.
The team had earlier met Union Home Minister P Chidambaram and Union Home Secretary GK Pillai.
ULFA leaders have also met Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi and sought his cooperation in carrying forward the peace process with the Central Government.
Gogoi had on January 20 said that peace talks with ULFA are on the right track and will continue even without Paresh Baruah, the separatist group’s commander-in-chief. (ANI)
- PM on two-day visit to Assam from Friday - Feb 17, 2011
- ULFA leaders meet Manmohan Singh - Feb 14, 2011
- ULFA leaders to meet Manmohan Singh - Feb 14, 2011
- Chidambaram says peace talks with ULFA are at a preliminary stage - Feb 10, 2011
- ULFA offers ceasefire to pave way for talks (Lead) - Jul 12, 2011
- Peace talks with Centre were constructive: ULFA - Feb 10, 2011
- Want special status for Assam like Kashmir, says ULFA leader - Feb 15, 2011
- ULFA, Chidambaram hold peace talks, seven-member goup formed (Intro Roundup) - Feb 11, 2011
- ULFA splits into talk and anti-talk factions - Nov 20, 2011
- ULFA, government begin Assam peace talks (Roundup) - Feb 10, 2011
- ULFA holds peace talks, says meeting positive - Aug 05, 2011
- First round of ULFA peace talks begins Thursday - Feb 09, 2011
- ULFA to begin peace talks with Centre - Feb 10, 2011
- Talks with PM on ULFA now Monday evening (Second Lead) - Jun 21, 2010
- ULFA to open unconditional talks from Feb 10 (Lead) - Feb 05, 2011
Tags: acceptable solution, assam, chief minister, dr manmohan singh, gogoi, home secretary, manmohan, manmohan singh, p chidambaram, paresh baruah, peace process, peace talks, pillai, prime minister manmohan, prime minister manmohan singh, separatist group, tarun, ulfa chairman, union home minister, united liberation front