Talks between panel and Amarnath Sangharsh Samiti to be held todayAugust 30th, 2008 - 11:51 am ICT by ANI
Jammu, Aug 30 (ANI): The talks between the Shri Amarnath Yatra Sangharsh Samiti (SAYSS) and the panel appointed by the Jammu and Kashmir Governor N.N. Vohra, which is headed by SS Bloeria, will be held here today.
On Friday, the fourth round of talks was deferred in view of the indisposition of Bloeria. The talks are being held to resolve the Amarnath forest land transfer issue.
The SAYSS has said that it has submitted written demands to the panel and is expecting a “favourable” response.
The group had earlier held three rounds of talks with the panel earlier this month.
The talks have remained inconclusive and according to sources, a five-point agenda had been set for the talks, including the reconstitution of the Amarnath Shrine Board, and clarifying its role and duties.
It also includes an assessment of the total requirement of land by the Shrine Board and working out an arrangement for the use of 100 acres of land at Baltal-Domail by the SASB during the period of yatra.
The Governor’’s panel includes Vice Chancellor of Jammu University Professor Amitabh Mattoo, former judge of Jammu and Kashmir High Court Justice (Retd) G D Sharma and Principal Secretary to Governor and Chief Executive Officer of Sri Amarnath Shrine Board B B Vyas.
The Samiti’’s committee consists of Tilak Raj Sharma, Brigadier (Retd) Suchet Singh, Narinder Singh and Pawan Kohli. (ANI)
- Curfew relaxed in Kashmir Valley - Aug 30, 2008
- Amarnath Samiti and J-K Govt to meet for talks - Aug 28, 2008
- Amarnath Sangharsh Samiti to meet Governors panel today - Aug 29, 2008
- Talks with Amarnath Sangharsh Samiti put off again; life remains paralysed - Aug 29, 2008
- Amarnath samiti calls Jammu bandh Saturday - Jul 02, 2010
- Shri Amarnath Sangharsh Samiti reacts tough on J-K peace formula - Aug 30, 2008
- Amarnath land row: J-K Govt., Sangharsh Samiti sign agreement - Aug 31, 2008
- Sreedharan on Vaishno Devi Board - Mar 27, 2012
- Talks begin on Amarnath land row - Aug 23, 2008
- Finally a solution to Amarnath land row (Third Lead) - Aug 31, 2008
- Panel formed for talks, agitators want land transfer first (Lead, Changing dateline) - Aug 07, 2008
- First round of Amarnath land row talks 'constructive'(Lead) - Aug 23, 2008
- Pilgrims cannot start Amarnath Yatra before June 25 - Jun 23, 2012
- Talks between government, Jammu protesters postponed - Aug 28, 2008
- Talks on Amarnath land row postponed - Aug 29, 2008