Take Thats The Circus tops UK album chartsDecember 8th, 2008 - 4:11 pm ICT by ANI
London, Dec 8 (ANI): English pop musical group Take That has landed at the top of the British album charts with their new album The Circus.
The bands members, Gary Barlow, Mark Owen, Howard Donald and Jason Orange made a remarkable comeback with their album, which has sold 432,000 copies in a week.
We set out to make a record each of us was really proud of and we did that, the Sun quoted Barlow as saying.
To then have it fly off the shelves like it did this week has been just amazing, he stated.
The new album became the fastest-selling album of the year in the UK, with only Oasiss Be Here Now and Coldplays X&Y selling more.
The Circus has shifted more units than the combined sales of the next five artists in this weeks chart, namely global music giants The Killers, Leona Lewis, Britney Spears, Kings Of Leon and, Rhydian.
The band has gained so much popularity that it has also been offered to do a number of gigs, which they have turned down.
Theyve been offered lots of big-money gigs over Christmas and New Year but said no to spend time with their families instead, a source said.
Theyre going to make some time to get together as a foursome before the end of the year too and have a proper old-school celebration, the source added. (ANI)
- Take That establish super star status - Dec 08, 2008
- New Take That album coming out next year - May 23, 2012
- Adele's '21' world's biggest-selling album - May 16, 2012
- Take That to tour with Robbie Williams after 15 years - Oct 27, 2010
- Robbie Williams 'to walk away from 'Take That' once again' - Jan 20, 2011
- Coldplay premiere their new single 'Every teardrop is a waterfall' - Jun 04, 2011
- Robbie Williams to quit Take That? - Jan 20, 2011
- Coldplay release their fifth album - Oct 24, 2011
- Robbie Williams may stick with 'Take That' - Mar 29, 2011
- Coldplay regret their latest album name - Mar 06, 2012
- Boyle's 'I Dreamed A Dream' set to become this year's fastest selling album - Nov 24, 2009
- Britney Spears' album tops the charts - Apr 07, 2011
- Take That friends forever: Barlow - Jun 05, 2012
- Enrique Iglesias's new album goes double platinum - Feb 09, 2011
- Foo Fighters' "Wasting Light" tops the charts - Apr 21, 2011
Tags: album of the year, british album charts, britney spears, english pop, foursome, gary barlow, gigs, global music, jason orange, killers, kings of leon, leona lewis, mark owen, music giants, musical group, new album, old school, owen howard, remarkable comeback, school celebration