‘Tainted’ Karnataka minister appears before Shimoga PoliceMay 9th, 2010 - 6:08 pm ICT by ANI
Shimoga (Karnataka), May 9 (ANI): Former Karnataka Food Minister H Halappa appeared for questioning before the Superintendent of Police of Shimoga on Sunday.
Halappa is facing rape and other charges.
The Criminal Investigation Department (CID) had earlier given Halappa time till May 10 to appear before it as it wanted to question Halappa for rape case against him.
Meanwhile, the Shimoga court is to hear Halappa’s anticipatory bail plea on May 11.
Police have slapped charges of rape, wrongful confinement and intimidation against Halappa, who has denied them.
Chief Minister BS Yeddyurappa had on May 3 announced a CID probe after Halappa, who is from the Chief Minister’s home district of Shimoga, resigned on May 2 following a Kannada media report on the alleged incident that took place in November 2009.
Chandravati, the alleged rape victim, filed the complaint. She, her husband Venkatesh Murthy and a lawyer called on State Director General of Police Ajay Kumar Singh at his residence and filed a report against the minister.
She filed a complaint under Section 376 of the Indian Penal Code (IPC).
Meanwhile, Murthy also released a CD to media, which contains visuals of Halappa in his house.
Yeddyurappa and Halappa have accused the opposition of trying to malign the BJP’s image in the state through this case. (ANI)
- CID arrests Karnataka minister Hallappa for alleged rape - May 09, 2010
- Ex-Karnataka minister Halappa's bail plea in court today - May 11, 2010
- Woman files rape complaint against former Karnataka Minister - May 02, 2010
- Arrested Karnataka ex-minister admitted to hospital (Lead) - May 10, 2010
- CID to probe Karnataka ex-minister for rape charges - May 03, 2010
- Karnataka ex-minister jailed till May 15, still in hospital - May 10, 2010
- Karnataka ex-minister facing rape charges eludes police - May 06, 2010
- Karnataka ex-minister arrested in rape case - May 09, 2010
- Yeddyurappa orders CID probe to rape charge against Karnataka minister - May 03, 2010
- Rape-accused Karnataka ex-minister's blood test ordered - May 21, 2010
- Karnataka ex-minister to be shifted to Bangalore hospital - May 13, 2010
- Sexual assault case filed against Karnataka ex-minister (Lead) - May 03, 2010
- Karnataka ex-minister to undergo DNA test over rape charge - May 27, 2010
- Yeddyurapa's graft trial to continue: Court (Lead) - Aug 25, 2011
- Sex scandal: Yeddyurappa terms it conspiracy against government - May 02, 2010
Tags: ajay kumar, alleged rape, bail plea, bjp, bs, chief minister, cid probe, confinement, criminal investigation department, criminal investigation department cid, director general, food minister, indian penal code, intimidation, karnataka minister, murthy, rape case, rape victim, state director, visuals