Swiss Foreign Minister meets Ramesh in New DelhiAugust 30th, 2010 - 3:44 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Aug 30 (ANI): The Foreign Minister of Switzerland, Micheline Calmy-Rey, met Union Environment and Forest Minister Jairam Ramesh here on Monday.
Calmy-Rey discussed the flash flood tragedy in Leh with Ramesh.
The Swiss Foreign Minister is also likely to sign an agreement that would make it easier for India to obtain information on money stashed away in Swiss banks.
She is also scheduled to meet Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee to sign the agreement.
Calmy-Rey has been a member of the Swiss Federal Council since 2002, and was President of the Confederation in 2007. (ANI)
- India, Switzerland ink Double Taxation Avoidance Agreement - Aug 30, 2010
- India, Switzerland ink double taxation avoidance pact - Aug 30, 2010
- India, Switzerland sign deal to access information on tax evasion - Aug 30, 2010
- New India-Swiss pact not for recovering black money: Mukherjee - Aug 31, 2010
- New India-Swiss pact not to recover black money: Pranab - Aug 31, 2010
- Couple's abduction: Swiss president calls up Gilani - Dec 16, 2011
- Swiss president rings Gilani over abduction (Lead) - Dec 16, 2011
- Patil likely to press Switzerland on black money issue - Sep 29, 2011
- President to visit Switzerland, Austria - Sep 23, 2011
- Russia admitted to World Trade Organisation - Dec 17, 2011
- India, Switzerland sign MOU for cooperation in finance - Oct 04, 2011
- President heads to Switzerland Friday, to unveil Tagore bust - Sep 28, 2011
- Look beyond national interests, Ban to G20 - Oct 18, 2011
- Neutrinos on agenda during Patil's Swiss visit - Sep 29, 2011
- Switzerland urges Libya to release Swiss nationals - Sep 03, 2009
Tags: calmy rey, confederation, finance minister, flash flood, foreign minister, forest minister, India, jairam, micheline, money, New Delhi, pranab mukherjee, swiss banks, swiss federal council, switzerland, tragedy