Swine flu toll rises to 31June 16th, 2009 - 1:00 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, June 16 (ANI): The swine flu toll in India, has gone up to thirty one, with seven more cases reported from Punjab and one from Mumbai.
Seven of nine students of an educational institution in Jalandhar, Punjab, who recently visited NASA, as part of an academic tour, tested positive for swine flu yesterday evening at National Institution of Communicable Diseases, New Delhi.
With this Punjab has become the only state in India, where swine flu has affected in cluster.
The students are undergoing treatment at the Jalandhar Civil Hospital.
Meanwhile, in Mumbai a 12-year-old girl who arrived from Thailand after a week long vacation was found to be suffering from fever and cough.
According to Maharshtra health authorities the girl has been quarantined as a precautionary measure in Mumbai’s Kasturba Hospital. Her medical reports are expected soon.
In Andhra Pradesh, where the country’s highest number of cases of swine flu was reported, a help line system has been launched to provide information on swine flu symptoms and available medical facilities.
The help line system will work through the BSNL toll free no 12506. The state government will guide people on whom to contact for diagnosis and treatment, and has also launched an SMS facility. (ANI)
- Seven students test positive for swine flu, parents anxious - Jun 16, 2009
- 7-month-old dies of swine flu in Mumbai, death toll rises to 29 in India - Aug 18, 2009
- India reports second swine flu death, 783 infected (Roundup) - Aug 08, 2009
- 2 more swine flu deaths in Chandigarh, 3 new cases - Dec 30, 2009
- Couple in Punjab tests positive for swine flu - Jul 07, 2009
- Chandigarh man dies of swine flu - Aug 28, 2010
- Senior citizen dies of swine flu in Lucknow - Aug 22, 2012
- 35 swine flu cases in India as virus spreads (Roundup) - Jun 17, 2009
- Don't get H1N1 tests done at ill equipped private clinics: Walia - Aug 08, 2009
- Hyderabad boy down with swine flu, total cases now 31 - Jun 16, 2009
- Three people reported with swine flu symptoms in Mumbai - Jun 11, 2009
- Three die of swine flu in Chandigarh - Dec 22, 2009
- Seven Punjab students with swine flu under constant observation - Jun 16, 2009
- Girl quarantined with swine flu symptoms in Mumbai - Jun 15, 2009
- Chandigarh doctor tests positive for swine flu - Oct 17, 2009
Tags: communicable diseases, educational institution, flu, flu symptoms, health authorities, kasturba hospital, long vacation, medical facilities, medical reports, mumbai, nasa, national institution, New Delhi, old girl, precautionary measure, punjab, sms facility, swine flu, undergoing treatment, yesterday evening