Sweets exchanged on Indo-Pak borderAugust 14th, 2008 - 3:45 pm ICT by ANI
By Ravinder Singh Robin
Wagah Aug.14 (ANI): Border guards of India and Pakistan today exchanged sweets and congratulated each other on the occasion of 61st anniversary of Pakistans Independence Day.
“We accept your greeting and with the grace of god will wish you on your Independence Day tomorrow,” said Brigadier Qasir Khan Tareen, Deputy Director-General, Pakistan Rangers.
Pakistanis in India also celebrated the 61st anniversary of their independence from the British colonial rule on Thursday.
India and Pakistan won the freedom from the British at midnight on August 14 and 15, 1947 respectively.
Mohammad Akil, DIG BSF, while talking to the media said: We all know that nowadays Pakistan has been facing a series of problem in the country. I would hope that the extremists in Pakistan should stop their anti-social activities and join the mainstream. (ANI)
- BSF greets Pakistani Rangers on occasion of Pak Independence Day - Aug 14, 2009
- India-Pakistan border guards meet at Wagah-Attari check post - Aug 09, 2010
- India, Pakistan border security officials meet at Wagah - Oct 14, 2009
- Sweets and greetings exchanged at Attari border - Aug 15, 2011
- India releases eight Pakistani prisoners at Wagah check post - Mar 08, 2011
- Pak rejects India's request to tone down Wagah ceremony - Nov 07, 2010
- 101 Indian fishermen return home from Pak through Wagah land route - Sep 05, 2010
- Pak releases 89 Indian fishermen - Apr 15, 2011
- Indian, Pakistan border guards exchange greetings - Aug 15, 2012
- India, Pakistani troopers exchange sweets on Eid - Nov 07, 2011
- Pakistan Rangers offer BSF sweets on I-Day - Aug 14, 2011
- India releases 20 Pakistani prisoners at Wagah check post - Mar 01, 2011
- BSF gives Pakistan Rangers sweets at Punjab border (Lead) - Aug 15, 2010
- "Beating the Retreat" ceremony at Wagah border to be less aggressive - Jul 22, 2010
- India, Pakistan border guards exchange Diwali sweets - Oct 26, 2011
Tags: anniversary, border guards, brigadier, british colonial rule, deputy director general, extremists, freedom, grace of god, independence day, india and pakistan, indo, mohammad, pak border, pakistan rangers, pakistanis, ravinder singh, sweets, tareen, wagah