Swayze slams media over his cancer fight reports

December 3rd, 2008 - 6:22 pm ICT by ANI  

Washington, Dec 3 (ANI): American actor Patrick Swayze has slammed the media for reporting that his cancer has spread, and also stated that he is still fighting the good fight against the disease.

Swayze, 56, who was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer earlier this year, contested claims that he has been saying goodbye to members of his family.

I am happy to be back home for the holidays. Its a great feeling of accomplishment to say youre gonna do something and do it, Fox News quoted him as saying.

The only thorn in my side being that many tabloids have been consistently reporting lies and false information about me and those close to me. And latest, theyre reporting that I”m on my last legs and saying goodbye my tearful family!

Pancreatic cancer is an aggressive disease and from the moment I was diagnosed, I knew I was in for the fight of my life. Its a battle, and so far, Ive been winning. I”m one of the lucky few that responds well to treatment, he stated.

The Ghost star called the tabloid rumours downright emotional cruelty.

Its upsetting that the shoddy and reckless reporting from these publications cast a negative shadow on the positive and good fight Im fighting, that makes me angry when hope is so precious, he said.

The rumours that Swayze had only five weeks to live had surfaced in March, but now the actor and his physician George Fisher, insist that he is responding well to treatment.

Patrick has a very limited amount of disease and he appears to be responding well to treatment thus far. All of the reports stating the timeframe of his prognosis and his physical side effects are absolutely untrue, Fisher added.

Swayze said his chemotherapy treatments are like hell on wheels, but he pledged that he would remain positive in spite of the fact that statistics say he was a dead man. (ANI)

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Posted in National |

Subscribe