Sustained dialogue with Pakistan will help in solving issues: Omar AbdullahApril 15th, 2011 - 1:16 pm ICT by ANI
Jammu, Apr 15 (ANI): Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah has said talks between India and Pakistan will always matter unless some other credible alternative top dialogue is found.
Talking to mediapersons here on Thursday, Abdullah said violence will not solve any of the issues, only a sustained dialogue will help in solving the issues.
“Any matter between India and Pakistan whether it is Jammu and Kashmir, Saichin, Sir-creak or trade, violence will not solve these issues. It is the sustained dialogue which will solve them and if cricket diplomacy or any other diplomacy helps the process then I am all for it”, he added.
In reply to question, Abdullah said that Jammu and Kashmir Police is investigating in the assassination of Maulana Showkat Ahmad Shah and it is an ongoing investigation and will not be appropriate for me at this time to share any matter with you.
“Police is examining all leads and all evidences available and we hope to be able to track down the killers,” he added.
Talking about the Panchayat (village council) polls being held in the state, Abdullah said the elections were for local governance, and ‘not a referendum on Kashmir issue or on the central or the state governments’.
“It was just the first phase. There are 16 phases, let the process complete. Let’s us not jump to the conclusion that the people have risen in revolt against separatists or they have given their verdict on the Kashmir issue,’ he added. (ANI)
- Panchayat elections not a referendum on Kashmir issue: Omar - Apr 14, 2011
- Omar for sustained Indo-Pak dialogue and 'J-K centric' CBMs - Apr 07, 2012
- Omar condemns religious leader's assassination - Apr 08, 2011
- BJP demands inquiry into Srinagar cleric's killing - Apr 15, 2011
- LeT wants Srinagar blast blame on Hindutva outfits - Apr 09, 2011
- Afridi's comments will not affect Indo-Pak dialogue process: Omar Abdullah - Apr 06, 2011
- Pak terms 'cricket diplomacy' meeting with India as win-win situation for both nations - Apr 01, 2011
- Discuss Siachen as part of Kashmir issue: Omar - Jun 14, 2012
- Kashmir must join India-Pakistan dialogue: Separatists (Second Lead) - Jul 26, 2011
- Three arrested for Maulana Showkat killing (Lead) - Apr 16, 2011
- We are doing everything possible for a peaceful summer: Omar Abdullah - Apr 27, 2011
- Talks for sake of talks will yield nothing: Abdullah - Jul 07, 2012
- Zardari lost one rupee bet with Omar - Apr 08, 2012
- 'Pakistani, Indian MPs one on peace talks' - Aug 21, 2011
- Include people in Kashmir issue's resolution: PDP - Jul 09, 2011
Tags: ahmad shah, chief minister, creak, cricket, diplomacy, elections, evidences, india and pakistan, jammu, kashmir, killers, local governance, panchayat, referendum, reply, revolt, separatists, state governments, top dialogue, violence