Sushma Swaraj says NDA will win majorityApril 20th, 2009 - 9:12 pm ICT by ANI
Bhopal, Apr 20 (ANI): Senior Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader Sushma Swaraj on Monday said that the National Democratic Alliance (NDA) would cross the magic figure of 272 in the general elections.
“Not only would the NDA get a majority on its own, the BJP would also emerge as the single largest party,” Swaraj said at a press conference here.
When asked to specify the number of seats that the BJP was likely to win, Swaraj said that her party would win anything between 180 to 200 seats on its own.
Swaraj, who is also the BJP in-charge for Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh and Jharkhand said that her party would win all the seats in Madhya Pradesh and Chhattisgarh.
“The BJP can win all the 11 seats in Chhattisgarh, all the 29 seats in Madhya Pradesh and four out of six seats in Jharkhand for which polling was held in the first phase on April 16,” Swaraj added.
Without pointing to the Congress, Swaraj said she was hurt at the type of language being used by leaders of some political parties.
“When BJP’s Prime Ministerial candidate, L. K. Advani described Prime Minister Dr. Manmohan Singh as a weak Prime Minister, he did not attack him personally but only referred to his working style,” she added.
Sushma quickly added that when Gujarat Chief Minister and BJP leader Narendra Modi called the Congress as old, he did not mean disrespect to any person but only spoke of the organization. (ANI)
- Lalu asks BJP about Reddy brothers, Sushma sticks to 'mota maal' remark (Lead) - Aug 28, 2012
- Thackeray bats for Sushma Swaraj as PM, BJP says decision later (Second Lead) - Sep 10, 2012
- Thackeray bats for Sushma Swaraj as PM, BJP says decision later (Lead) - Sep 09, 2012
- Decision on prime ministerial candidate at appropriate time: BJP - Sep 10, 2012
- What about Reddy brothers, Lalu asks BJP - Aug 28, 2012
- BJP core group to meet today, allies divided over presidency (Lead) - Jun 16, 2012
- BJP tries to bridge gaps on presidential contest (Lead) - May 02, 2012
- Advani is emotive as Rajnath calls him PM material (Lead) - Nov 08, 2011
- NDA to discuss Mukherjee's candidature: BJP - Jun 15, 2012
- Sushma Swaraj would make a dashing prime minister: Bal Thackeray - Sep 09, 2012
- NDA leader will be next PM: Gadkari - Aug 06, 2012
- Presidential run-up more damaging for BJP than Congress (Comment) - Jun 23, 2012
- Advani sting: People upset with BJP too (Lead) - May 31, 2012
- UP mandate a defeat for Rahul: Swaraj (Lead) - Mar 06, 2012
- BJP, JD-U go different ways on next president (Lead) - May 01, 2012
Tags: bharatiya janata party, bjp leader, chhattisgarh, chief minister, disrespect, dr manmohan singh, general elections, gujarat, jharkhand, l k advani, madhya pradesh, magic figure, manmohan, manmohan singh, narendra modi, national democratic alliance, political parties, prime minister, prime ministerial candidate, sushma swaraj