Surajkund hosts Madhya Pradesh fashion showFebruary 8th, 2009 - 2:00 pm ICT by ANI
Surajkund (Haryana), Feb.8 (ANI): Madhya Pradeshs rich heritage was on display at a fashion show in Surajkund, Haryana, on Saturday.
The show titled ”Hemvati-Khajuraho” was a part of the 23rd annual Surajkund Crafts Fair.
Some of India’’s top models such as Barkha Kaul, Sahiba Singh, Krishna Somani and Tina Chatwal set the ramp on fire donning exquisite outfits of Madhya Pradesh.
The five leading designers who showcased their collection were Poonam Bhagat, Charu Prashar, Ashima Singh, Gunjan and Rahul Jain.
The designers used a lot of traditional embroidery, block printing, the art of Bandhani (tie and dye) and zari (woven golden thread lining) work on their creations.
Their collection consisted of jackets, salwar kameez, and other Indo-Western outfits.
Prashar said her collection depicted the true essence of Madhya Pradesh.
“I have used a lot of fabrics which are from Madhya Pradesh like Chanderis and Maheswaris. I have used lot of brocades but minimal embroidery and my clothes represent the essence of the state,” said Prashar.
The backdrop of gala show was ”Sanchi Stupa”, the famed historical world heritage site in Madhya Pradesh, where the relics of Lord Buddha are kept. (ANI)
- Surajkund fair marks silver jubilee, begins Tuesday - Jan 31, 2011
- Designer Gaurang Shah teams with 250 weavers to revive handlooms (With Image) - Jun 24, 2012
- India waking up to art as tourism driver - Mar 24, 2010
- Miss Universe visits Surajkund crafts fair - Feb 03, 2011
- Footfalls increase at Surajkund crafts fair - Feb 10, 2011
- Jaya Rathore explores heritage weaves for bridal line (With images) - Aug 18, 2011
- Sports joins glamour at Rajasthan Fashion Week - May 26, 2012
- World Fashion Week show will be a milestone: Ritu Kumar - Oct 25, 2011
- Ritu Kumar to popularise hand-woven textiles - Feb 03, 2012
- 15-day Surajkund crafts fair begins near capital - Feb 01, 2011
- Raima Sen and Giselle Monteiro walk the ramp as showstoppers - Dec 15, 2009
- 26 child labourers rescued in Delhi - Apr 25, 2011
- The drape is reborn - sari gets sexy avatar (With Image) - Mar 01, 2012
- Michelle to walk through 5,000 years of culture at crafts museum (Lead) - Nov 07, 2010
- After Punjabi, Danish singer eyes Rajasthani, Bollywood (With Image) - Oct 24, 2010
Tags: ashima, brocades, charu, fashion show, gala show, golden thread, gunjan, kaul, krishna somani, lord buddha, poonam, rich heritage, sahiba, tie and dye, tina chatwal, top models, traditional embroidery, true essence, western outfits, world heritage site