Supreme Court stays arrest of three police officials in Rizwanur caseDecember 5th, 2008 - 4:25 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Dec 5 (ANI): The Supreme Court today extended the interim stay against the arrest of three senior Kolkata police officers facing allegations of abetting the suicide of Rizwanur Rahman.
A bench comprising Chief Justice K G Balakrishnan and Justice P Sathasivam granted protection to former DCP (Detective Department) Ajoy Kumar, former ACP Shukanti Chakraborty and former SI Krishnendu Das.
The apex court granted two weeks time to the petitioner to file their rejoinder.
Rizwanur had married Priyanka under the Special Marriages Act on August 18, 2007.
Rizwanur’’s body was found on the railway tracks between Bidhannagar Road and Dum Dum Junction on September 21, 2007, almost a month after his marriage to Priyanka, the daughter of Kolkata-based businessman Ashok Todi.
Todi was allegedly opposed to the marriage of his daughter to Rizwanur.
According to the family members of the deceased, Rizwanur was murdered, while CBI said he committed suicide. (ANI)
- Rizwanur case: Kolkata court directs framing of suicide charges against Todi - Apr 21, 2011
- Rizwanur case: CBI moves Supreme Court, challenges Calcutta High Court's order - Sep 01, 2010
- Rizwan case: Calcutta HC directs CBI to initiate fresh probe - May 18, 2010
- CBI prays for abetment to suicide in Rizwanur case - Mar 21, 2011
- Rizwanur case: Calcutta High Court to frame charges against Todi - Mar 21, 2011
- Rizwanur case: Supreme Court to decide on CBI probe - Mar 01, 2011
- Supreme Court rejects reinvestigation in Rizwanur murder case - Mar 01, 2011
- Put Ashok Todi to trial in Rizwanur case: Supreme Court (Second Lead) - Mar 01, 2011
- Kolkata cops guilty, Rizwanur's mother tells apex court - Feb 22, 2011
- Punish Kolkata cops, Rizwanur's mother tells apex court (Lead) - Feb 22, 2011
- Put Todi to trial for Rizwanur death: Supreme Court (Lead) - Mar 01, 2011
- Rizwan case: Supreme Court grants bail to key accused Ashok Todi, brother - Jan 16, 2009
- Put Ashok Todi to trial for Rizwanur murder: Supreme Court - Mar 01, 2011
- Try Todi for Rizwanur's death, says Supreme Court (Third Lead) - Mar 02, 2011
- Rizwanur Rehman death: Apex court questions Bengal, Todi - Oct 18, 2010
Tags: acp, allegations, apex, apex court, ashok, bench, businessman, cbi, chakraborty, chief justice, detective, family members, k g balakrishnan, New Delhi, petitioner, police officers, police officials, railway, rejoinder, todi