Supreme Court rejects Raj Thackeray ‘’s pleaJuly 28th, 2008 - 4:24 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, July 28 (ANI): The Supreme Court today rejected Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) chief Raj Thackeray’’s plea challenging the criminal cases registered by the Jharkhand Government against him in a case related to his alleged inflammatory speeches.
A Bench of Justices Arijit Pasayat and Mukundkum Sharma dismissed the plea, which stated that neither Thackeray’’s speeches were inflammatory nor the Jharkhand government had jurisdiction to register a case against him.
Earlier, criminal cases were registered against him by the Jharkhand Government for allegedly inciting Marathi-speaking people against North Indians.
Raj Thackeray had made critical remarks about migrants from the North Indian states of Uttar Pradesh and Bihar, accusing them of spoiling Maharashtrian culture and not mingling with them.
He called the celebration of Chhath Puja by North Indian migrants, particularly from Bihar, a “drama” and a “show of arrogance”. (ANI)
- Delhi court issues summons against Raj Thackeray - Aug 30, 2012
- Raj Thackeray again attacks north Indian migrants - Jul 18, 2011
- Raj Thackeray's hate speech trial shifted to Delhi - Jan 08, 2010
- Uddhav again demands permit system for Bihari migrants - Sep 04, 2012
- Raj Thackeray renews attack on north Indian immigrants - Oct 04, 2011
- Raj Thackeray gets reprieve from apex court - Jan 07, 2009
- Marathi vs migrants - cops told to study leaders' speeches - Nov 04, 2011
- Court seeks report on plea against Raj Thackeray - Sep 13, 2012
- Raj Thackeray threatens to shut Hindi channels misquoting him - Sep 02, 2012
- Raj Thackeray warns of riots over anti-Marathi remarks - Nov 03, 2011
- Thakerays are 'infiltrators' in Maharashtra from Bihar: Lalu Prasad - Sep 09, 2012
- Maharashtra assembly supports Marathi-speaking people of Karnataka - Apr 12, 2012
- Mayawati flays Raj Thackeray for remarks on migrants - Jul 15, 2011
- Will attend Bihar Day in Mumbai, stresses Nitish - Apr 13, 2012
- Stone-pelting cases: Raj Thackeray gets bail from Aurangabad court - Feb 09, 2011
Tags: arrogance, bench, bihar, celebration, critical remarks, indian migrants, indian states, indians, jharkhand government, jurisdiction, New Delhi, plea, puja, raj thackeray, speeches, supreme court, uttar pradesh