Supreme Court orders CBI probe in Gujarat Prajapati encounter caseApril 8th, 2011 - 1:31 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Apr 8 (ANI): In a major setback to the Narendra Modi Government in Gujarat, the Supreme Court today ordered a Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) probe into the Tulsiram Prajapati fake encounter case.
An apex court bench of Justices P Sathasivam and B S Chauhan rejected the plea of the Gujarat Government that no CBI probe can be ordered, as the state police has already filed a chargesheet in the case.
The decision of the Supreme Court came on an appeal filed by Narmada Bai, mother of Tulsiram Prajapati, alleging that her son was killed in fake encounter by the Gujarat police, as he was a key witness to the 2005 Sohrabuddin fake encounter case.
The CBI had last month told the court cops along with Amit Shah, a close aide of Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi, conspired to kill Tulsi Prajapati for his role as a witness in the Sohrabuddin fake encounter killing case.
While Sohrabuddin was killed in a fake encounter on November 26, 2005 and his wife Kausar Bi was eliminated a few days later, Prajapati was killed in December 2006 in Gujarat’s Banaskantha District. (ANI)
- SC gives CBI two weeks' extension in Prajapati case (Lead) - Jul 20, 2012
- SC rejects Gujarat's plea to review Prajapati shootout order - Jul 13, 2012
- CBI gets another month to probe Prajapati killing - Jun 07, 2012
- SC gives CBI two weeks' extension in Prajapati case - Jul 20, 2012
- Amit Shah headed extortion gang, CBI tells apex court - Mar 09, 2011
- Gujarat, Rajasthan cops slapped with Prajapati murder case - Apr 29, 2011
- Shootout chain reconstructed in Gujarat court - Jul 09, 2011
- Narendra Modi slams Centre over Sohrabuddin case - Jul 31, 2010
- CBI pinning Sohrabuddin's crimes on me, says Amit Shah - Mar 11, 2011
- CBI to file charge sheet in Prajapati case few days - Aug 28, 2012
- Sohrabuddin aide's murder also part of conspiracy: CBI - Aug 25, 2010
- Prajapati killing, Amar Singh cases to figure in apex court - Feb 13, 2011
- Sohrabuddin case: CBI asks case to be shifted out of Gujarat - Jul 30, 2010
- Gujarat shootout case: Supreme Court orders CBI probe (Lead) - Apr 08, 2011
- Sohrabuddin encounter: Modi slams CBI case against Amit Shah - Jul 30, 2010
Tags: apex, apex court, cbi probe, central bureau of investigation, chief minister, cops, court bench, encounter, few days, gujarat government, gujarat police, key witness, major setback, narendra modi, New Delhi, plea, prajapati, state police, supreme court orders