Supreme Court issues notice for transfer of Nitish Katara caseApril 21st, 2008 - 5:37 pm ICT by admin
Lucknow, Apr 21 (ANI): The Supreme Court issued a notice for the transfer of the Nitish Katara murder case outside Uttar Pradesh today.
The court has also stayed the trial of Ajay Katara who is the main witness of Nitish Katara murder case filed in Ghaziabad court.
Katara is facing a trial on a complaint filed under Section 498A of the Indian Penal Court (IPC) by his estranged wife alleging that he had subjected her to constant harassment.
Katara has also filed a petition before the Supreme Court saying that he apprehended threat to his life from the family of Vikas Yadav, who allegedly murdered Nitish Katara.
Father of Vikas Yadav was out to eliminate him for deposing against the accused in Nitish Katara murder, said his statement.
He said that the harassment case was being used against him by the accused for settling scores against him.
Katara claimed to have seen Vikas and his cousin Vishal taking away Nitish in a car from a marriage party in Ghaziabad on February 16 17, 2002.
Nitish Katara, a business executive and son of an IAS officer, was allegedly killed by them.
His body was recovered from Khurja in Bulandshahr District of Uttar Pradesh. (ANI)
- Nitish Katara murder witness guilty of lying, says convict (Lead) - Jul 18, 2012
- Nitish Katara murder: Court seeks Vikas Yadav's health records (Lead) - Feb 01, 2012
- Nitish Katara murder: Third accused held guilty - Jul 06, 2011
- Nitish Katara murder witness guilty of lying, says convict - Jul 17, 2012
- Sukhdev Pehalwan gets life term for Nitish Katara murder (Second Lead) - Jul 12, 2011
- Nitish Katara murder: Court seeks Vikas Yadav's health records - Feb 01, 2012
- Nitish Katara murder: Arguments on punishment July 12 - Jul 07, 2011
- Court orders medical inspection of Nitish Katara killers - Feb 02, 2012
- Death term sought for Katara murder convict - Jan 20, 2012
- Death term sought for Katara murder convict (Lead) - Jan 20, 2012
- Nitish Katara murder: Vishal to pay Rs.16 lakh for security - Mar 16, 2012
- Katara murder case: Delhi HC allows Vikas to attend brother's wedding - Apr 26, 2011
- Give death to Nitish Katara killers, police tell court - Aug 28, 2012
- Katara murder: Two cops guarding Vikas Yadav suspended - Mar 28, 2012
- Nitish Katara murder: Verdict on third accused Wednesday - Jul 05, 2011