Supreme Court dismisses charges against actress KhusbooApril 28th, 2010 - 1:12 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Apr 28 (ANI): The Supreme Court on Wednesday dismissed all cases registered against South Indian film actress and activist Khusboo for her alleged remarks on pre-marital sex.
The apex court quashed all 22 cases registered against her.
Khusboo described the judgement as a major relief for her.
“I am relieved and relaxed after hearing the verdict,” said Khusboo.
“I believe in my words, and the verdict has reaffirmed my belief,” she added.
The Tamil actress had given an interview in 2005 mentioning that men cannot expect their brides to be virgins and also suggested that girls should take protective measures before engaging in pre-marital sex.
The actress was accused of defaming Tamil womanhood and chastity.
She moved the Madras High Court to quash the criminal complaints against her.
The court, however, rejected her plea, but directed that all the 22 complaints against Khushboo be transferred to the chief metropolitan magistrate in Chennai to facilitate speedy disposal.
In 2008, Khushboo had appealed against the High Court’s order in the Supreme Court. (ANI)
- I believe in what I said: Khushboo - Apr 28, 2010
- Apex court dismisses 22 cases against actress Khushboo - Apr 28, 2010
- 70 percent Chinese have pre-marital sex: Study - Apr 10, 2012
- Khushboo likely to join DMK - May 14, 2010
- Khushboo: "The Trauma Is Over. And Yes I'm Coming Back to Bollywood" - Mar 30, 2010
- Khushboo meets Karunanidhi, joins DMK (Lead) - May 14, 2010
- I am joining DMK, says Khushboo - May 14, 2010
- Khushboo Joins Politics - May 01, 2010
- Supreme Court issues notice to Jayalalithaa in graft case (Lead) - Feb 21, 2012
- Apex court suspends 23 defamation cases against Tamil actress - May 15, 2008
- Jharkhand youth sentenced to death for beheading girl (Lead) - May 02, 2012
- Supreme Court issues notice to Jayalalithaa - Feb 21, 2012
- 26 cases against Khushboo transferred to one court - May 01, 2008
- Court spares BJP leader personal appearance in Dikshit case - Jul 12, 2012
- Dikshit gets court notice on BJP leader's plea - Jul 10, 2012
Tags: actress khusboo, apex, apex court, brides, chastity, chennai, criminal complaints, film actress, judgement, madras high court, magistrate, New Delhi, plea, pre marital sex, protective measures, south indian film, speedy disposal, tamil actress, virgins, womanhood