Supreme Court defers Sanjay Dutt’s bail pleaNovember 14th, 2007 - 8:17 am ICT by admin
Dutt had approached the apex court following his conviction for illegally keeping arms - an AK 56 rifle and a pistol, relating to the 1993 Mumbai blasts case.
Dutt’s lawyer argued that the apex court should grant him bail on the ground of his conduct, and that he has never broken the law in the past one decade since he was first granted bail in connection with the case.
Two months earlier, Dutt had received an interim bail from the apex court as he had not received a copy of his judgement.
Dutt, surrendered before the TADA court last week after he received a copy of the special court’s judgement
He had spent 22 days at the same jail in August, before he received the interim bail by the Supreme Court on August 20.
Dutt has already spent nearly 16 months in prison before his release on bail in 1996. (ANI)
- Not linked to 1993 Mumbai blasts, Sanjay Dutt tells SC - Aug 14, 2012
- Nupur Talwar jailed, bail hearing resumes Tuesday (Lead) - Apr 30, 2012
- I hope court case gets over soon: Sanjay Dutt - Aug 10, 2011
- Nupur Talwar jailed, bail hearing resumes Tuesday (Third Lead) - Apr 30, 2012
- 2G: CBI given time to reply on Chandolia's appeal in SC (Lead) - Feb 24, 2012
- Nupur Talwar jailed, bail hearing resumes Tuesday (Second Lead) - Apr 30, 2012
- Sanjay Dutt bail plea hearing today - Nov 14, 2007
- Satyam Ramalinga Raju released on bail - Nov 05, 2011
- Supreme Court to hear Sanjay Dutt's bail plea today - Nov 20, 2007
- Karnataka BJP legislator gets bail in bribery case - Jun 05, 2012
- 1993 Mumbai blasts case: Supreme Court to hear final hearing in January 2011 - Jul 26, 2010
- Supreme Court to hear Sanjay Dutt's bail plea today - Nov 27, 2007
- Supreme Court to lay down bail principles - Nov 15, 2011
- Mumbai hit-and-run: Pereira surrenders, sent home (Lead) - Jan 16, 2012
- Graft case: Apex court grants bail to Sukh Ram, two others (Third Lead) - Jan 09, 2012