Supreme Court and High Court Judges salaries increasedNovember 28th, 2008 - 10:42 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Nov 28 (ANI): The Cabinet meeting held on Thursday decided to increase the salaries of the Supreme Court and the High Court Judges.
This revision has been necessitated because of the increase in the salaries of the Central Government employees on acceptance of the recommendations of the Sixth Central Pay Commission.
The Chief Justice of India will now get a salary of Rs. 1,00,000 p.m. plus Dearness Allowance (DA) thereon. The Judges of the Supreme Court and the Chief Justices of the High Courts will draw a salary of Rs. 90,000 p.m. plus DA thereon whilst the Judges of the High Court will draw a salary of Rs. 80,000 p.m. plus DA thereon.
This will be effective from January 01, 2006. Forty per cent of the arrears of salary will be given in the current financial year and the balance 60 per cent in the next financial year.
The Government has also decided to double the existing limit of both sumptuary allowance and furnishing allowance for all the Supreme Court and the High Court Judges. This will be effective from September 01, 2008.
Necessary Government order will issue after effecting amendment in the relevant legislation. (ANI)
- Pension bonanza for ex-servicemen after Supreme Court ruling - Mar 16, 2010
- SC offers relief to Maharashtra property buyers - Aug 28, 2012
- Karnataka ministers, law makers get over 100 percent salary hike - Jun 07, 2011
- How much do striking pilots earn? - Apr 27, 2011
- Check taxis, trucks running illegally, court tells Himachal - Mar 05, 2012
- Gujarat told to hike pay of labour court judges - Aug 07, 2010
- Law panel study on backlog of cases sought (Lead) - Jan 19, 2012
- Government committed to judicial reforms, says PM - Aug 18, 2012
- Gujarat court summons officials on pay hike issue - Jun 14, 2011
- Himachal announces 6 percent DA for employees - Apr 15, 2011
- Panel on school fee hike to start work from Dec 26 - Dec 23, 2011
- DNA test out, N.D. Tiwari is Rohit Shekhar's father (Second Lead) - Jul 27, 2012
- Diwali bonus for 40,000 Mumbai civic workers - Oct 26, 2011
- Panel in week to examine school fee hike: Court told - Sep 09, 2011
- Mamata's fight against 'corruption in judiciary' (West Bengal Newsletter) - Aug 18, 2012
Tags: arrears, cabinet meeting, central government, chief justice of india, chief justices, furnishing, government employees, high court judges, high courts, New Delhi, relevant legislation, rs 1, rs 90, salaries, salary, sixth central pay commission, supreme court