Supermarket giant Asda snubs stars for doctors, nurses in new adSeptember 8th, 2008 - 5:58 pm ICT by ANI
London, Sept 8 (ANI): Supermarket giant Asda has snubbed celebrities as models for its clothing range, and has instead roped in doctors, nurses and teachers to endorse their garments.
The move comes in line with the results of a poll that said 79 per cent of British women do not pay any attention to what stars wear.
It was just in April last year that Asda ended its two-year contract with Wayne Rooneys wife Coleen McLoughlin as the face of womens range George.
Since then, many names came up to replace her, which included Helen Mirren and Sienna Miller.
But, to everyones surprise, Asdas new campaign features London health workers Fiona Kiek, 27, Ifeoma Ikwlieke, 25, and Leigh Currie, 28.
Customers are telling us its time for a change. It feels wrong to spend money on a celebrity endorsement when times are tough, British tabloid The Sun quoted Fiona Lambert of George as saying. (ANI)
- Asda to sell salwar kameez under new Asian clothing range - Sep 14, 2009
- Coleen Rooney's thinning patch caused by hair extensions? - Feb 05, 2011
- Rooney stays put with ManU as Coleen fears backlash - Oct 23, 2010
- Love-rat Rooney 'ordered to apologize to in-laws' - Sep 16, 2010
- Love-rat Rooney makes grovelling apology to in-laws - Sep 28, 2010
- Dresses that flatter your bum - whether you are a pear, tomato or potato! - Nov 09, 2010
- British supermarket launches Indian clothing collection - Sep 14, 2009
- Wayne, Coleen Rooney arrange 'secret christening' for son Kai - Nov 29, 2010
- Love-rat Wayne Rooney faces furious in-laws - Sep 26, 2010
- Coleen Rooney 'devastated' as ill sister fights for life - Sep 10, 2010
- Rooney's mother-in-law 'calling the shots' in his troubled transfer saga - Oct 22, 2010
- Coleen Rooney, baby heading to Barbados for holiday - Feb 21, 2010
- Coleen and Rooney's hooker's racecourse 'rendezvous' - Apr 09, 2011
- 'Love-rat' Wayne Rooney's in-laws 'appalled by his antics' - Sep 08, 2010
- Rooney wins 4.3 million pound lawsuit bid by Proactive - Jul 16, 2010